HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'Platz Der Leibstandarte' Worth Buying ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Platz Der Leibstandarte' Worth Buying ?

I am tempted to buy 'Platz Der Leibstandarte' by Remy Spezzano however, before shelling out the hard earned cash can anyone on the forum share their opinions on the book? I am intrigued (as always) by any book on the Leibstandarte with a large photographic content, although I already own several such books, for example Patrick Agte's books on Peiper and Wittmann, the munin-verlag 'Der Leibstandarte Im Bild' book, the Herbert Walther books and many more. This said I do not want to buy the book only to find I already have the photographs in other books, so if any of you can shed any light on this and an eye for the text content too it will be very well recieved.

Regards Richard.
    Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Hi Richard,

For those with a keen interest in the Leibstandarte, such as yourself, i would recomend it.....
    It is, however, primarily a photo album with very little text, but with 300 pages and two or three photo's to each page i would say it worth the money.
    There are also some breif biogs of Paul 'Papa' Hauser , 'Sepp' Deitrich, Kurt Meyer, Max Wunsche, Fritz Witt, Sylvester Stadler, Hermann Weiser and Jochen Peiper.
    I also have the Peiper and Wittmann books. I had a long search for the Wittmann copy.
    I can also recomend 'Twelve Years with Hitler - A History of 1. Kompanie Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler 1933 - 1945'
    ISBN: 0-7643-0777-0

Steve.
    Attached Files

Comment

Twelve Years........
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply. I think I will gamble on the book and get myself a copy, although I just hope I do not have the majority of the photographs already in other books. A quality picture book on the "Leibstandarte" is very hard to ignore. "12 Years...." is a very good book, I bought a German language edition back in the early 90's, one day i will get around to buying an English language edition ! Thanks again.

Regards Richard.
        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X