Netflix Film - Sand Castle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix Film - Sand Castle

For anyone interested there is a decent enough film on Netflix called Sand Castle (released in 2017). It is set during the early years of the last Iraq war and revolves around an American infantry squad who are sent to a small Iraqi town to help repair a water pumping station to re-establish the water supply. Meanwhile the local militia forces put the fear of god into the locals to prevent them helping the soldiers.
    The cast is British & American with Henry Cavill (Man Of Steel & The Man From UNCLE) playing a U.S. Special Forces Captain and Nicholas Hoult (X-Men & Mad Max Fury Road) playing one of the infantry soldiers.
    I'd say it is around a 6.5 out of 10. It reminds me a little of Jarhead in that despite its best efforts it never really gets going but for all that there are worse films out there.
    Last edited by hucks216; 04-22-2017, 03:26 PM.

I just watched that today, while running at the gym. Not a bad movie.

Comment

I paused when I saw Pattons (rather than Abramses) preparing to invade Iraq in March 2003... and I just couldn't hit "play" again.
      Not proud of my nitpickery, but there it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Miller View Post
        I paused when I saw Pattons (rather than Abramses) preparing to invade Iraq in March 2003... and I just couldn't hit "play" again.
        I thought those were for allied Arab forces. They had things like that. I saw the old tanks, but did not think they were supposed to be ours. Again, I was running, so I could've missed something. haha. Regardless, it was the only time they were in the movie.

Comment

Watched over halve of it, just could not get into it. Weird that infantry guys are wearing a USACAPOC patch. WTF?

I'm glad someone liked it.

Comment

You did not get into the Billy-Bob Thorton wanna-be SgtMaj?

Comment

Originally posted by PaulR View Post
              You did not get into the Billy-Bob Thorton wanna-be SgtMaj?
              Saw him, total five jump chump and f'ed up haircut to boot.

Comment

I watched it too, thought it was ok.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X