Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High Quality Photobooks - Third Reich

Hi there,

I am looking for high quality photobooks with period photographs of the third reich.
    Topicwise I am open for everything...
    Does anyone know books like these?
    With "high quality" I mean sharp pictures on good paper

Best regards,
    Nicolas

Schiffer have published three that I can think of...

The German Wehrmacht on All Fronts 1939-1945: Images from Private Photo Albums Vol 1: Nebelwerfer, Panzer, Flak, Funker, Gebirgsjager (ISBN: 978-0764327834)

The German Wehrmacht on All Fronts 1939-1945: Images from Private Photo Albums Vol 2: Wegschilder (Field Signs), Infantry, U-boats, Luftwaffe, Generals (ISBN: 978-0764329319)

Those Left Behind (ISBN: 978-0764337680)

Comment

Also...

Kampfraum Arnheim: A Photo Study of the German Soldier Fighting in and Around Arnhem, September 1944 (ISBN: 978-0965758499)

Comment

Hi,

the subject is increbibly vast...

Are you into
        - pre-war ?
        - war ?

If it is war, are you into
        - a particular campaign, fight ?
        - a particular unit or arm ?
        - people or vehicles ?
        - only German or foreign or even enemies ?

See You

Vince

Comment

Hello Vince,

You are right. Let me specify a bit.

I am looking for books with Period Photographs of German Uniforms.
          The thing is they should be sharp( If you know the Ullstein Portraits, you know what I mean)

This still a huge topic, but maybe you or someone else have a suggestion

Best Regards,

Nicolas

PS: Thank you for your Book Suggestions, Kevin. I really "Thos who were left behind",

Comment

Angriff: The German Attack on Stalingrad in Photos by Jason Mark is well worth seeking out.

http://www.leapinghorseman.com/prodd...75107676&cat=5

A superb book in it's own right but it also contains a number of close up photographs of Officer, NCO and ordinary soldiers uniforms.

Comment

Nicolas,

Your question is still too vague. I know that you said that you're open to a broad range of topics, but what are you actually interested in? What's the designed purpose of the reference that you're looking for?
              As Vince suggested,
              Do you want combat photographs or images reflective of life in the Third Reich?
              Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen SS, Political or Civilian Organisations?
              There's many books that focus specifically on uniforms, and even professionally shot portraits, but how much, or little, are you hoping to spend?
              If you really don't have a specific idea then Huck's suggestion of Kampfraum Arnheim is as good a place as any to start.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions Ian

The problem is, to be honest I am looking for a book with ribbon bars in wear..
                I know of a small article by rick Lundström, but thats it.

Does anything like this exist?

All the best,
                Nicolas

Comment

Does no one know a book/digital archive with the topic:

Ribbonbars in wear

Best,

Nicolas

Comment

That is a very niche topic, and I can't imagine a book or photo collection like that, would attract much interest.

For reenactment inspiration purposes I have digitally collected some foto's of such spanges in wear. I have 17 and can send them if you want, not all are sharp though.

If you'r lucky, you can find someone on ebay who sells series of studio portraits, or on militaria fairs of course.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X