Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for kind words, Erich

Originally posted by Erich B. View Post
    Congratulations for writing the book! Having been working on a book for many years, I know that it's quite an achievement to complete one.
    Erich

Comment

Originally posted by equirhodont View Post
      Hi Jim,
      the answer is simple and you cand find all pictures in the book.
      It was one big ring at the beginning (about 23-24 mm in diameter). Shorten in place of seam, connected and atached skull.

I bought my 26 rings from collectors and metal detectorists, who dug them in my country. Every ring have Don Boyle´s COA.

Martin
      Martin:
      So if I'm reading this correctly all the bands were initially cast round at 24mm? They were then sized down to what ever size the order called for then a separate skull was attached? Wouldn't it have been a lot simpler and cheaper to die stamp them flat, size them then roll and solder them after engraving as Hapur from Latvia has demonstrated with the excellent reproduction examples he makes?
      Are you also asserting that Sepp Deitrich's ring was ground dug then purchased by you?
      Jim
      Last edited by james m; 03-27-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Yes, it was cast as 24 mm.
        Have you seen Hapur´s ring? Have you seen, how quality is it made? That´s because the die. I have little worn rings but no quality details. Because the used mold. You can make same new mold again and again, but no the same die...

Sepp´s ring I´ve bought...

Originally posted by james m View Post
        Martin:
        So if I'm reading this correctly all the bands were initially cast round at 24mm? They were then sized down to what ever size the order called for then a separate skull was attached? Wouldn't it have been a lot simpler and cheaper to die stamp them flat, size them then roll and solder them after engraving as Hapur from Latvia has demonstrated with the excellent reproduction examples he makes?
        Are you also asserting that Sepp Deitrich's ring was ground dug then purchased by you?
        Jim

Comment

Originally posted by equirhodont View Post
          Yes, it was cast as 24 mm.
          Have you seen Hapur´s ring? Have you seen, how quality is it made? That´s because the die. I have little worn rings but no quality details. Because the used mold. You can make same new mold again and again, but no the same die...

Sepp´s ring I´ve bought...
          I not only have seen them but I have the actual example(see below) he made online on another forum to demonstrate the process.
          Jim

I see you haven't answered my other question regarding the source of Sepp Deitrich's ring.

Comment

I know well, how Hapur is made - I have 3 pieces. I´m writing about them in my book.
            But that´s not way how the rings were made in 1933-1945. If somebody thinks something different - I respect it. In the book I say - think, what do yo want to think - the choice is yours. I say - CAST. You say DIE. No problem...
            That´s all. It´s like fight against windmills. I examined my 26 rings and that´s my conclusion...
            Hawk

I not only have seen them but I have the example he made online on another forum to demonstrate the process.
            Jim

Comment

Well: We are at quite a disadvantage here as few if any participants on this forum can actually read your book.
              Jim

Comment

Hi Martin. Out of curiosity is it possible to obtain the book at a location? I will be in Europe in late May /early June. Picking up a copy could save me some postage if feasible. Just a thought.
                Thanks, David

Comment

Hi David,
                  I found cheaper carrier, so to Italy is total by Paypal 115 Eur. By wire 110 Eur.

Originally posted by David T View Post
                  Hi Martin. Out of curiosity is it possible to obtain the book at a location? I will be in Europe in late May /early June. Picking up a copy could save me some postage if feasible. Just a thought.
                  Thanks, David

Comment

Some pictures of the book and updates prices including shipping:

Country - Total by Wire - Total by PayPal
                    USA - 120 Eur - 126 Eur
                    Japan - 135 Eur - 143 Eur
                    Russia - 125 Eur - 132 Eur
                    Germany - 115 Eur - 120 Eur
                    United Kingdom - 115 Eur - 120 Eur

Comment

I got the book, it is a very big and well make work. Too bad I can't understand any word of it due to the language, but it worth only for the pictures you can find inside.
                      Good luck with the sale Martin!

My books:

- THE WEHRPAß & SOLDBUCH OF THE WH
                      - THE SS TK RING
                      - THE ITALIAN-GERMAN MEDAL
                      - THE ANTI PARTISAN BADGE
                      - THE AWARDS OF THE LW

and more!

sigpic

Comment

Well: We are at quite a disadvantage here as few if any participants on this forum can actually read your book.
                        Jim
                        Martin:

Your book looks very nice, but like Jim, I'm not fluent in Czech. Most of the collector-world can read English, including the European collectors, and I think it would help your sales a lot, to have an English-language edition.

Look at it this way:

Right in this thread, you have 3 potential customers asking for it...

As for the cast theory, I will never agree with it. Knowing a good amount about jewelry and jewelry manufacturing, I can emphatically state that casting is impractical in volume jewelry production.

As the owner of a mint-condition & untouched original '36 ring, I have spent a lot of time examining it. It has qualities that would never appear in casting.

But, like you, I feel "to each his own".

Comment

+1!

Comment

Hi,

maybe a kickstarter project could be done to have an English translation made ?
                            How much may cost a translation of the whole book ?
                            Then you can find a cheap printer in Estonia.

See You

Vince

Comment

It's got to be better than Craig Gottlieb's TK book. After reading it I still can't tell a real TK ring from a fake one.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                                It's got to be better than Craig Gottlieb's TK book. After reading it I still can't tell a real TK ring from a fake one.
                                Why would you buy a book on SS rings from a person like him?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X