Norwegian Volunteers of the Waffen-SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Norwegian Volunteers of the Waffen-SS

My copy of this excellent book by Geir Brenden and Tommy Natedal arrived a few days ago and I just finished reading it. This book is BIG, 523 pages in large format. I was expecting a big of photos only with minimal captions. The content of this book is very well organized. There is an extensive amount of text in both English and German throughout that help place the photos in context. The English text is perfect in contrast to some of the work that I have seen by other translators who do not understand military terminology. The many photos of individuals were of high resolution and correct exposure. The captions for these photos was very good with the individual being identified along with some personal information about the soldier. There are two pages of color photos that show the insignias and badges unique to the Norwegians while these same badges can be seen in wear in other photos throughout the book. Unfortunately, some of the group photos were a bit darker than they should have been and the publisher should have put more effort into improving those photos. I learned some new information from reading this book and I am glad that I bought it. Congratulations to Geir and Tommy for producing such an excellent piece of work that sets the standard for other authors wanting to produce similar books about other national formations of the Waffen-SS such as the Danes, Dutch, Estonians and Latvians. Highly recommended!

Very nice feedback John. It is now 01:32 am here in Norway and I sent an email to Geir with your post for him to wake up to a great Sunday

Comment

I bought this books a couple of months ago. For everyone that's interested in the Norwegian volunteers within the German Army (e.g. Frw.Leg.Flandern, Wiking, SS-Pz.Gren.Rgt.Norge) this book is a must have as it presents an enormous amount of photographs of Norwegian volunteers, that I have never seen before. These photographs are organized per unit.

I am studying the Dutch volunteers and I wish I would have such an amount of photographs of Dutch volunteers.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X