Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War Games

Guys,

In my demented dotage, I have unearthed some old PC games that I was introduced to by one of my undergrad students many years ago. I had quite forgotten about them, but there they were along with approximately 3.8 tons of old floppy disks, 3x5 disks full of who knows what, and various other office stuff.

The games that I found are: "Panzer General II," "Robert E. Lee Civil War General," "Civil War Generals II," and "Battlefield 1942."

I recall many hours of guilty pleasure playing these turn based strategy games when I should have been doing other more productive things.

Does anyone else enjoy these games? I have tried loading these onto my current desktop computer, but have had no success. Perhaps they are too old?

And a final question, can anyone recommend any similar turn based strategy games? The graphics mean little to me, but I do thoroughly enjoy the multi-dimensional chess game type atmosphere of these little diversions. And now that I have rediscovered these disks, I find that I have really missed playing them.

I should think that such turn based strategy games would find good subject material in the campaigns of the Punic Wars, the Napoleonic Era, and so forth. I haven't found much in my attempts at an internet search, so please do speak up if you know of something in this genre.

Kind Regards,

Z

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X