Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New book about the Battle of Crete

Hi to all.
    Here is my new book about the battle of Crete.

http://www.helion.co.uk/the-battle-f...-accounts.html

And on Amazon uk also

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Battle-Hera...prekatsounakis

This sounds fascinating, congratulations on getting it into print!

Comment

Originally posted by MarcRikmenspoel View Post
      This sounds fascinating, congratulations on getting it into print!
      Many thanks
      Best regards
      Yannis

Comment

Looks very good. I was meaning to buy it. How detailed is the battle descriptions, and the maps? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus Richter View Post
          Looks very good. I was meaning to buy it. How detailed is the battle descriptions, and the maps? Thanks.
          Hi. The story of the battle in this book is based both on personal accounts and a very detailed research of the battlefield so that the final outcome is very detailed. Many then and now pictures with the exact spots of the various incidents described in the book. There are also 27 maps covering in great detail the narrative of the book. I think that it is definitely the most detailed book about the battle for Heraklion. At the chapter about the street fighting there is a description and picture for each building and a relevant map as well. The same also applies for the battle in the fields around the town and the airfield. In many cases there are then and now pictures of graves on the battlefield and a description or a map of the exact location while the story behind these graves is also told.
          Best regards
          Yannis

Comment

Here is also a link for the FB page of the book.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Battle-...3046831352696/

Comment

Sounds perfect! Exactly what I want. I just ordered it from Book Depository! Do you by any chance happen to know the most detailed book about the entire Battle for Crete? I read the 1st FJ history by Christiansen which is pretty detailed, and Kurowski's Jump into Hell, but I was wondering if there is any better book? Thanks! I'm looking forward to this!

Comment

Also from Helion, Golla's book has a lot of detail about Crete, and the other campaigns before it.

https://www.amazon.com/German-Fallsc...llschirmtruppe

Comment

Sounds perfect! Exactly what I want. I just ordered it from Book Depository! Do you by any chance happen to know the most detailed book about the entire Battle for Crete? I read the 1st FJ history by Christiansen which is pretty detailed, and Kurowski's Jump into Hell, but I was wondering if there is any better book? Thanks! I'm looking forward to this!
                  Hi.
                  Antony Beevor: Crete 1941. The battle and the resistance. Is also a must.
                  Best regards
                  Yannis

Comment

Have you read "The Lost Battle" by MacDonald? I heard that is very good as well.

Comment

Have you read "The Lost Battle" by MacDonald? I heard that is very good as well.
                      I have read very good reviews about it. It must be a very good book but I haven't read it yet. I would like to hear your opinion when you have read mine.
                      Best regards.
                      Yannis

Comment

I'll let you know when I read it! I should be getting it within the next couple of days.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X