No announcement yet.

New book on Imperial German Shoulder Insignia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all who made writing Under Arms worthwhile. I am down to 10 copies left with 290 copies sold in 11 months. Anyone wishing to purchase a copy may contact me by PM or at makelso77@aol.com. Mike

Comment

I am pleased to announce the expanded limited edition of my book Under Arms for the Kaiser is now available. Due to the positive comments on the original edition and with encouragement I decided to publish an expanded edition of 100 copies. The Limited Second edition is a massive 670 (from 600) pages with photos of over 2100 (from 1800) shoulder insignia and Imperial militaria. New shoulder strap and board examples include many from the collection of an advanced German collector.

New shoulder insignia examples are referenced back to pages in the first edition.

If interested the book is available at makelso77@aol.com or PM. The cost is $120 plus $14 priority (recommended) shipping or $7 media mail. Paypal (friends or %4), check or MO is accepted.

Due to size & weight of book overseas shipping costs are very high. Examples; Germany & France $70, Canada $50, Australia $82. Certainly willing to work with overseas buyers on shipping costs.

Regards, Mike
      Attached Files

Comment

I already ordered my second edition after enjoying tremendously the first one. Absolutely a unique book and the best for German Imperial shoulder boards. Excellent pictures, essential reference and just a pleasure to browse through - I do so a couple of times a week. It is my favourite book. If you really want to enjoy the beauty of Imperial shoulder boards and the joy of collecting these - for me it has been the best collecting experience over a 30 year time period of collecting - you owe it yourself to get this book. With buying this book you will do yourself a favour and support the author who is and a great guy and a tremendous asset to the hobby. BUY IT!

Comment

I just received my e-mail notification from Mike about the updated/2nd edition of "Under Arms for the Kaiser". I can't believe it has been almost 2 years since the 1st edition was released.

I wrote my first review of the book back in Feb 2017 and can not imagine how the book could have been improved, but Mike has proven me wrong by adding another 70 pages with 300 more examples of shoulder boards and militaria.

As I stated back in 2017 this tome is a truly magnificent reference that fills a huge void in the IG collecting community and is a must for any IG collector's library.

For those of you who missed out on obtaining a copy of the first edition, which sold out rapidly, I would recommend that you send Mike a PM right away to reserve your copy, you won't regret it!

Gary B
          ANA LM #1201868, OMSA LM #60, OVMS LM #8348

Comment

For those European collectors. The Berlin Military store, Berlin Zinnfiguren, has purchased 20 copies of Under Arms for the Kaiser. They should be available in 3-4 weeks. I will ship the books this week.

I highly recommend those wanting a copy purchase from Berlin. This will save a huge amount on shipping costs.

Sales are going very well. There are 60 of 100 copies left.

Thanks,
            Mike

Comment

My copy of Mike's superb book arrived yesterday! I am very glad I did not miss the release of this revised edition, as this is a subject matter which now has my attention.
              Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Gents, I wanted to acknowledge all who bought my book Under Arms for the Kaiser, first and expanded editions. Thank you.

The book has sold very well with 15 books remaining. I expect all remaining books to sell at SOS. If you do want a copy now is the time to buy.

Cost is $110 with free shipping in the US. I accept, PayPal, check or MO.

Again, I appreciate all who have bought my book, all 400 copies. I hope it has proved beneficial to you collecting.

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike, thanks for making it. A really worthwhile addition to the hobby and a unique source of information and great pics. Well done! If you do not have a copy, it is worth the money. Cheers, Tom

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X