MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a war film, but still a fave of mine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a war film, but still a fave of mine.

Hi Guys, I wonder if any of your guys in the USA have seen the remake of "Flight of the Phoenix"? The original is one of my all time favourite films which had a strong all star cast. I did not realise that a remake had been made until I saw a trailer for its British release last night on TV.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/flightofthephoenix/

I would be interested to hear of any opinions on this movie?

Cheers, Ade.

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson
    Hi Guys, I wonder if any of your guys in the USA have seen the remake of "Flight of the Phoenix"? The original is one of my all time favourite films which had a strong all star cast. I did not realise that a remake had been made until I saw a trailer for its British release last night on TV.
    I didn't see it but it opened around the holidays and was gone by New Years. They added some elements that aren't in the original like "desert bandits" on motorcycles. Need I say more?

Comment

Both

Originally posted by Peter_Suciu
      I didn't see it but it opened around the holidays and was gone by New Years. They added some elements that aren't in the original like "desert bandits" on motorcycles. Need I say more?
      I have seen both and enjoyed each of them.. The original with Jimmy Stewart and the modern remake with Dennis Quaid.. Each one was well worth seeing and they both are equally good.. The remake has a modern theme to it which gives some new insite to the story.. BILL

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Stevenson

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/flightofthephoenix/

I would be interested to hear of any opinions on this movie?

Cheers, Ade.
        Talk about a timely posting...my wife bought the original version on DVD for me just last night...too weird . BTW-Haven't seen the re-make, but I really like the original.

Comment

In the original film, 1965, the pilot of the plane was killed during filming making the final shot of the movie.

Comment

I had actually listed "Flight of the Phoenix" as one of my favourites, in the 'Favourite War movie' thread previously. It was not untill a few weeks ago,
            watching the film again, that I realised it was not a war movie, I to can
            recomend this film to anyone who has not already seen it.

Adrian, another favourite of mine is a film called "The Hill" also set in the
            desert, with a very young Sean Connery, would I be right in saying this one
            is a war movie??? lol

Comment

Hi All,

Isn't the Hill the prison camp one with David McCullom in it? I loved the original flight one, and will see the new one, BUT, the idea that a C-119 is still in use somewhere is a streach to me, as it was about gone in the late 1960's from the reserves. It is a piece of crap compaired to the 124s or 130s.
              Yours,
              Terry Keller
              "ihr wollt doch auch das Blut vom Degen lecken"
              Rammstein

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X