To The Gates of Moscow with the 3rd Panzer Division

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To The Gates of Moscow with the 3rd Panzer Division

Newly released from Luftfahrverlag START in Germany.

Author: Axel Urbanke and Dr. Hermann Türk
    Language: Fully bilingual in English and German.
    Format: Hard cover, size 9.25" x 11", 3.5kg
    Pages: 560, high quality semi-gloss paper
    Photos: 444 photos of which 244 are in color
    Maps: 40 color maps
    Publisher: Luftfahrt Verlag, Germany

Here we follows Assistenzarzt Dr. Hermann Türk's via his diaries from the first six months of Barbarossa. He served with the 3rd Panzer Division, during which he kept a written and visual record of his experiences. We see action at Brest-Litovsk, Berezina and Dnieper. Dr. Türk also captures the pivot to the south to close the Kiev pocket. The book ends in the winter on the outskirts of Moscow and Orel when he was wounded.

Dr Türk took over 450 color slides, as well as numerous b&w photos of this episode of the war in the east. From this amazing collection, the publisher has chosen 230 color images and 200 b&w photos. His diary is supplemented by unit diaries, official reports AAR and other sources. Also the numerous maps are excellent and in full color.

If you liked the publishers earlier books like the Panther-battalion "Brandenburg" and Endkampf and LiF series you will probably like this as well. Its a bit pricey but for that you get excellent quality on both the book itself but also on text and photos. World War 2 history at its best.

Just arrived today and I didn't expect it to be so much bigger than Als Panzermann in Italien........ I've loved everything that I've seen from this publisher and look forward to getting stuck into these latest arrivals.

Comment

Sounds interesting and like this guy the survivors were the wounded sent back home. The rest died, captured or killed as POW, sad war.

Comment

https://www.amazon.com/Moscow-Panzer.../dp/3941437291

Now I'm finished with this book and I must say it's one of the absolutely best book s about WW2 I've ever read. The pictures alone would make for an impressive book but combined with a well written, highly detailed and relevant text makes this one of a kind. I hope Luftfahrtverlag START and Axel Urbanke with team keep producing these kind of book although the ratter high price tag will surly keep some eventual buyers away. I for one always thinks that quality is much better than quantity and I'm prepared to pay.

Comment

It is indeed a fantastic book on the subject. And it's a big book!
          We now have the book in stock for those living in the USA.
          From RZM Imports: http://www.rzm.com/books/lfv/lfbk008.cfm

Comment

Sample Pages

Comment

Remy I was wondering how detailed the text is. I love battle histories. Is the text just his diary, or is it a detailed combat history as well? Thanks.

Comment

Klaus this is one of the best books ever written on the subject. I've spoken with several customers who have been reading it and they have both been blown away at the detail and horror of what took place on the battlefield. The amount of detail is unsurpassed.

Comment

Thanks for the reply! As I have and LOVE Urbanke's other book on Brandenburg, I'll have to buy this one too!

Comment

Just giving this thread a bump as my copy of the book arrived over the weekend.

An absolutely amazing book and easy to recommend. The colour photographs, of which there are a lot are stunning with some truly haunting photos (I made the mistake of looking at these late last night and then had trouble sleeping...)

I bought my copy from naval-military-press.com

http://www.naval-military-press.com/...st-russia.html

which currently has it for £68 + p&p until 25th April 2017. The book arrived within 2 days(!) immaculately packaged. A screaming

Comment

Fantastic book!Get it before it is gone.

Comment

Just got my copy most excellent book I would highly recommend it

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X