UK TV Combat Dealers Series 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i jump most years in Normandy and Arnhem as part of the celebrations

i will do it as long as i can and feel the urge but it does make you feel young and remember stuff mega

Comment

Kit Kat .........
      Boy did we have fun on Fury.
      Not often you have that much.
      Remember flying down the lane in the swimmer fully dressed and the little safety rat stopped us from hitting the main road !!!!
      And that was after seeing a couple of hundred troops on review !!
      Mega mate.

Bruce supplied all his above to Fury for the price of transport and gas.
      A true gent.
      And really good crack.

Comment

I do and it was funny

Great days bro

Comment

Originally posted by ssparatrooper View Post
          i jump most years in Normandy and Arnhem as part of the celebrations

i will do it as long as i can and feel the urge but it does make you feel young and remember stuff mega
          I might go to Arnhem this year depending how the work situation is
          Had a few good beers at the Schoonoord last time

I do remember an episode when Bruce and including yourself did an anniversary jump in Normandy, was it you that had a bad landing ??
          Attached Files

Comment

No it was Freddie he broke his back but he walked off the DZ carrying his own chute and didn't know his back was broken for ten days

Freddie was on the 2006 tour in Afghan and was cut off for six weeks fighting in musakala and is hard as nails

Comment

Originally posted by ssparatrooper View Post
              No it was Freddie he broke his back but he walked off the DZ carrying his own chute and didn't know his back was broken for ten days

Freddie was on the 2006 tour in Afghan and was cut off for six weeks fighting in musakala and is hard as nails
              I didn't realise
              Freddie, hats off to you, heroic

Comment

Interesting episode last night in Italy, Freddie was a laugh with the 251

Comment

Quest have now posted episode 3 on their YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScIUtDhXpgc&t=115s

Comment

In Normandy next week

Comment

My good lady always rolls he eyes when bruce appears and spends an hour making comments on the show but behind this all she loves it and I dare say would if the opportunity arose pose for a photo with Bruce and let him know how much torture she goes through on a weekly basis.
                      Much as I like Bruce's show I do wonder about some of the price estimates, that set of leitz 7x50's he got in the Channel islands, the sale price estimate on them was a bit steep.

Comment

If the deals were true and not made for TV that Jersey guy fleeced him with those overpriced and almost worthless books magazines...and that bottle thing....looked rubbish to me

Comment

The book he bought was not worthless, it was a genuine item produced for the occupation forces, I have one myself. He paid too much and double what I paid for mine however

I think he was ripped off with the bottle things...

Comment

Bruce is a cross between Greg Wallace and Del Boys Grandad, he is a great character and although TV can often get in the way of reality on the series it's a great opportunity to get to see some interesting militaria and be a part of Bruce's military's world. Great TV, long may it continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon H View Post
                              Bruce is a cross between Greg Wallace and Del Boys Grandad, he is a great character and although TV can often get in the way of reality on the series it's a great opportunity to get to see some interesting militaria and be a part of Bruce's military's world. Great TV, long may it continue.
                              Del Boys grandad ! that's an insult surely !

I imagine Bruce is not all he seems. He is having fun on the show, that's clear, in reality he is most likely a shrewd business man, not likely but most likely, from his collections, he has done good as it were

In this world of instant celebrity full of insignificant empty headed young people, Bruce is a breath of fresh air !

Comment

Actually, Bruce is quite the same in real life. He is a very successful businessman as director in a big construction/maintenance firm and is also a genuinely friendly and approachable guy. The way he acts, talks, dresses... that's not acted at all. He was first approached by the productioncompany for a guest appearance as an expert, but they soon realized he had all they were looking for and the concept was adapted to have the show revolve around Bruce and his crew and collection.

He did tell me he never expected or even thought the show would have this level of success and that he was hesitant about signing up for more seasons because the filming was starting to take up so much time, but he did sign up for Season 4; production of which has already started.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 53 users online. 0 members and 53 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X