But Not for the Fuehrer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But Not for the Fuehrer

One word, "WOW!!!!" By Helmut Jung. The war seen thru the eyes of an enlisted man. Tons of action on the Eastern Front. The best parts are the comrades that he describes, the chain smoker, the by the book Non-com, etc... Anyone that has ever been in the military can relate to the people Herr Jung describes and the situations that they go thru. This is not a book of facts and figures but more of I was there and this is what I saw and did. It has the good, the bad, and the ugly. You can empathize with the common soldier, plodding along from one ****ty situation to the next, only hoping to survive. Brutally honest to the last. A great read.
    Don
    pseudo-expert

Don, thanks for your post. I too felt the same way as you did. I hope that you and all you other guys who read his book could let him know that. I think he would be quite touched. He is a man of honour. Someone I respect very much. He has also been through so much...I though his book was so important for all of us who seek to understand what went through the life of a landser. He lost so many comrades. And so much else as well. When I think of my few troubles with girl friends, life situations etc, I realise that my problems are so trivial, compared to the things he and his comrades went through. I find a great deal of inspiration and guidance from such men.

Comment

Looks as if there is now two threads running on the same book. "Check it out"

Comment

Hello, I have been told by the author of this book that he recently moved house.
        His new address for anyone interested in buying his book is

Mr. Helmut Jung
        722 Cooper Point Place
        Southwest B,
        Olympia, WA

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X