Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Infanterie Aces - Franz Kurowski

Hi guys,

Recently i got this book and what can i say it worth any cent that i gave, this book is a must have. It is printed in 1995 and it is not difficult to obtain it.

For those who want to hear with two words what is on book:

Personal stories and bios from some KC winners during the war also it is very nice to hear how they earned the KC and their other decorations. Not to forget to mention some very nice photos.

Rudi Brasche - Pionneer guy
    Franz Juschat - Infantry guy
    Sepp Lainer - Der Fuhrer regiment also winner of the CCC in gold.
    Erich Lepkowski - Paratrooper guy
    Franz Schmitz - Infantry guy in medic position!
    Alfred Schneidereit - LSSAH guy
    Josef Schreiber - Infantry guy also winner of the Oak Leaves.
    Erich Vielwerth - Infantry guy

The book has 525 pages and i'm currently in 97 page, i have a lot of great stuff to read

Any other similar books to recommend ?
    sigpic

I may have read this one or his (?) other book title "Panzer Aces"...it was a year or two ago, I knew I liked the book but I cannot remember which one it was.

Comment

Chris,

In my humble opinion the greatest book written by an infantry soldier was "In Deadly Combat" by G. H. Bidermann.

Marc

Comment

I too enjoyed this book. Worth the $7 in paper back and seems to be at every Barnes and Nobles I go to.

JasonS

Comment

Yup, Good book and only on Army KC winners. Some really good stories there.

Comment

* Marc, i found this book you told and i got it for 15 EUR, i have to wait a couple of days to arrive

* Jason, only $7 ? I assume that you got it several years back because mine cost me about 40 EUR but i'm not complaining because worth the money.
            sigpic

Comment

It was $7 in 2002 for the paperback version. I was at a bookstore last night and saw that the publisher has changed the books format and made it bigger, almost the size of a regular hardbound book. I didn't check the price, but I am sure it was alot more than what I paid for the little version.

JasonS

Comment

I read it a while back. It's a very good read. I'm reading his book Panzer Aces now. It's the larger format

Comment

Infanterie Aces was one of those books I avoided for a long time because I was enjoying tunnel vision, it did not appear Fallschirmjager related, so I avoided it! When I finally picked it up, I couldn't put it down - it's an excellent read and not just limited to Heer or SS troops! The "short story" format is very enjoyable too, it allows you to pick it up and re-read parts at wim.
                  If only I could be half the man my dog thinks I am

Comment

I have read this book about 3 or 4 years ago. I enjoyed it and was a very good read but the thing that kept running thru my mind as I read it was how much was reality and how much was literary licsense? I know the author was according to the bio a military reporter diring the war and that he can draw on his own experiences as well as the interveiws of the soldiers he is writing about.
                    I guess the tendency to write in the first person threw me off just a little, but a good read none the less.
                    I thought the photos were very good and have even noticed the photo of Rudi Brasche, the one with the grenades in his belt has been in a few other books but never ID'd as Rudi..

Comment

Kurowski.

Chris, I agree 'Infantry Aces' is a very interesting read. Similarly, his book 'Panzer Aces' is another book for anyone with an interest in Ritterkreuztrager. Along the line of books concerning Ritterkreuztrager, I cannot recommend highly enough 'The Lent Papers' by Peter Hinchliffe. The source material was gleaned first hand from the family and is a fascinating read of this famous Nachtjager. Buy it, you will not be disappointed.

Regards Richard.
                      Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

I'm two 'chapters' in on this book and loving it. Thought I would bump it to see if there have been any other readers since 2005.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X