Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Review-Operation Drumbeat

Hello,
    This is a great book for anyone interested in U-boat operations of the US coast in 1942. The book Operation Drumbeat by Michael Gannon will satisfy that hunger. The book contains some great photographs as well as some super maps. I particualry liked this book since I am a Reinhard Hardegen fan. In my opinion, a well done piece of work. For those interested in a companion book I would also recommend Michael Gannon's sequel to this book titled Black May.
    Regards,
    Jody

Drumbeat

Jody, a very good read which well illustrates the frustration of Donitz having to open the war with America with only 6 U-boats , the aloof and anglophobic King who ignored the warnings of the approaching drumbeaters from the u-boat tracking room and the terible harvest of merchant shipping sunk up and down the eastern seaboard.

Certainly a book which once started is difficult to put down. I have "Black May" but never seem to get around to reading it- when on holiday this year if all works out.

Comment

Factual, fast paced and well written. It reads more like a Tom Clancey novel than the excellent historical report that it is. Interesting observation of Reinhard Hardigan.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X