Stalingrad Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stalingrad Series

This is the best eyewitness historical compilation on the campaign I have ever watched. The experiences related by the actual veterans and there families are some of the most moving, graphic, and tragically harrowing you will ever hear. Real accounts told by those who were there and whose words say in there own way more about the horrors of war than books or post-war movies ever could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqlFZk3Yza8
    Last edited by Edward; 07-10-2016, 09:46 PM.

Some very familiar faces... I met several of these guys over the years, and corresponded with many more. Unfortunately, most have passed away.

If you're interested, check out some of the books I've released: www.leapinghorseman.com

Jason

Comment

I know what you mean about veterans passing on. I knew two Stalingrad veterans decades ago in Germany who worked in the same place. Ironically they also served in the same division 44th HuD. The first was a Feldgendarme and the other a Waffenmeister. Both ended up back in the 44th HuD when it was rebuilt and sent to Italy. Each carried on doing there same assignments. The Feldgendarme made it a point in relating his war service that he had taken part in combat, but the Waffenmeister never had as he was well behind the lines repairing small arms.
      Last edited by Edward; 07-12-2016, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Hi Edward,

This is my all time favourite WW2 documentary on a single subject. I have watched this many times, and the veterans eye witness accounts really bring Stalingrad to life.
        Quite simply, an outstanding show!

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

I agree John. Among the many documentary's covering WWII, and there have been some good one's made, I cannot think of another example that covered a single battle in such a riveting way. Sabastian, Dahnhardt, Jorg Müller, and Guido Knopp did an excellent job weaving in the veterans accounts in with the campaign.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X