EspenlaubMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Career, trial and trial of SS-Sturmbannführer Gustav Knittel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Down to just two more days to go...

Comment

How much is the shipping?

Comment

And there it is, the the book has been made available in the webshop...

http://www.boekenbestellen.nl/boek/g.../17352?lang=en

Comment

Originally posted by Ruimteaapje View Post
          And there it is, the the book has been made available in the webshop...

http://www.boekenbestellen.nl/boek/g.../17352?lang=en

Morgen ééntje bestellen

Btw, for that tour around Stavelot later this year, how do we het the info when and where?

Comment

Originally posted by starikurac View Post
            Morgen ééntje bestellen

Btw, for that tour around Stavelot later this year, how do we het the info when and where?
            Dank u! See my PM

BTW, there appear to be some issues with orders from the US which we hope to get solved tomorrow - some people could use paypal after turning off their popup blockers, others could not.
            Last edited by Ruimteaapje; 06-29-2016, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Besteld en betaald

Comment

question about ordering

Hello Friends,

I have a question regarding the order form itself. it requests a number right after zip code and what I would like to confirm is that requesting my house number or a phone number? Many thanks for an answer to this as I do not want to input the wrong information on this form.

Best Regards,
                Todd

Comment

Originally posted by Kopfjager View Post
                  Hello Friends,

I have a question regarding the order form itself. it requests a number right after zip code and what I would like to confirm is that requesting my house number or a phone number? Many thanks for an answer to this as I do not want to input the wrong information on this form.

Best Regards,
                  Todd
                  Hi Todd, it's indeed your house number they want there with "Add" for an addition to the house number (for example a floor). There have been a few issues with paypal orders from the US not being completed which was in all cases but one solved by turning off popup blockers.

Comment

Ordering

Hi Timo,

Many thanks for the clarification and I was able to process order without issue using Paypal. Have a great weekend and I look forward to reading your book.

Cheers,
                    Todd

Comment

My order went through OK using Paypal, but I did send them a separate email showing my correct mailing address that's on file with paypal.

Looking forward to it!

Greg

Originally posted by Ruimteaapje View Post
                      Dank u! See my PM

BTW, there appear to be some issues with orders from the US which we hope to get solved tomorrow - some people could use paypal after turning off their popup blockers, others could not.
                      sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
                      www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Thank you Todd and Greg! We've seen confirmation of both your orders through the webshop-app. Let me know what you think once you've read the book: all feedback is useful and appreciated

Comment

The book will also be available in the bookshop of the December 44 Historical Museum in La Gleize...

http://www.december44.com/en/the-museum.htm

...in the bookshop of the Baugnez 44 Historical Centre...

http://www.baugnez44.be/en/news.htm

...and in the Octa Librairie Allée Verte in Stavelot...

https://www.facebook.com/avia.librairiealleeverte

Comment

Upon hearing their name called out, each individual defendant walked down the steps of the dock and up to the bench to learn his fate from the judges who read out their verdict. Sentencing was swift. Defendant number 1, Valentin Bersin, sentenced to death by hanging; defendant number 2, Friedel Bode, death by hanging; number 4, Willy Braun, sentenced to life imprisonment; number 5, Kurt Briesemeister, death by hanging. It only took two minutes on average to read out each sentence. Defendant number 9, Manfred Coblenz, life imprisonment; defendant number 11, Sepp Dietrich, life imprisonment. The film cameras kept rolling. Defendants number 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30, death by hanging. “Gustav Knittel!” It took him only a few big steps to get from the top row of the dock down to the bench where he stood ramrod in front of the judges as if at attention. Dalbey read out the sentence:

“The court in closed session with at least two-thirds of the members present at the time the vote was taken concurring, sentences you to life imprisonment and that's forthwith of such places that may be designated by competent military authority.”

A German interpreter translated the verdict for Knittel, who turned on his heels before the full translation was over, the only words he had needed to hear were ‘Lebenslängliche Freiheitsstrafe’. With his head held high and face impassive he marched out of the courtroom guarded by two American MPs, no doubt absorbing his escape from the hangman’s noose. The judge continued his sentencing: defendant number 42, Joachim Peiper, death by hanging; defendant number 45, Hermann Priess, twenty years. After two hours and twenty minutes, forty three death penalties and thirty prison sentences had been passed.

Comment

Timo, simply a wonderful book. Lots of details, useful maps and well written - without bias. Some amazing images received from Rolf Dierks. Whenever I have some free time to spend, I truly enjoy reading it! Well done, my friend!

A veteran who was a big help to you and with whom we spend many, many hours, was Jupp Steinbüchel. Here he is, LAH Funk Kompanie, Montes/Fr. July 1942.

Comment

Thanks Jochen! Nice photo of our late mutual friend Jupp. He did so much research just because he could not accept that he could not answer my questions and so often turned up with great information just when I nolonger expected an answer. Great memories of our meetings with Jupp and the other veterans in La Gleize and in Kaulbach. He's deeply missed.

Photo: Jupp Steinbüchel on the 16th of September 1944 after his escape from the Falaise Pocket...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 39 users online. 0 members and 39 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X