Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best EK/RK Book!?

Here's one for you to ponder...

I am thinking of shelling out for Dietrich's RK and or EK book. However, I already have The Iron Time (1st Ed) and Gordon Williamson's book on the same.

The question is - is it worth the extra cash on either of Dietrich's book's or an even better one that I may not be aware of.

I want a good read (history etc), good pics, technical info, enough info on which to base a RK purchase, and one that isn't found to be full of errors/fakes somewhere down the line!

I would recommend Dietrich Maerz's KC book for its detailed information and detailed images as well for as his rational and systematic research on this subject.

Comment

Definitely buy both books.

Comment

Ok, so would you say that DMs books are the 'last word' in EK/RK literature and surpass the two that I own already? If so I'll sell them on to help fund the DM books.

Comment

Both of Maerz's books are much more suited for your purposes.

Comment

Dietrich's books are very detailed and technical, while Previtera's is more of a history. I don't think any serious EK collector should be without any of them. Even Gordon's book, which is a bit out of date, would never leave my library. And, of course, if you want a detailed study of the EK's awarding process and regulations, as well as actual awards in historical context, you should surely check my book on documents.

Comment

Thanks guys, I managed to find one (DMs RK) on a Finnmedals for £65.00 inc post! He has more.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X