Rick Atkinson's - Liberation Triology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rick Atkinson's - Liberation Triology

For anyone that's interested in an excellent summary of US involvement in the ETO during WW2 this is it. Rick Atkinson's Triology is a remarkable series. An easy read and has many detailed maps of the conflicts on North Africa, Sicily, Italy and Europe.

Volume 1 - Nearly 700 pages.
    Volume 2 - Nearly 800 pages
    Volume 3 - Nearly 900 pages
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I am in complete agreement with Darrell's recommendation. The books are outstanding and Atkinson's writing style is easy to read. I read the volume on Italy several years ago while vacationing near Salerno and found it to be very meaningful, especially after visiting Paestum. I read the other two volumes after that and was just as pleased with them.

John

Comment

Agree 100%. I posted a similar thread a few years ago.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=678431

Atkinson has a way of putting the reader on the battlefield in a very readable way with impressive use of detail but not in a way that can be boring like many battle histories.

My favorite was An Army at Dawn. It's crazy how inept our military was early on. My only wish was that Atkinson covered the Italian campaign after the fall of Rome...crossing the Po and into the Apennine Mountains.

Comment

these are amongst the finest books ive ever read. in fact, I'm ready to read em again. all 3 deserve the Pulitzer.

Comment

A wonderful trilogy, particularly if you want a good overview of the Allies activity in ETO and North Africa. Highly recommend!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X