Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

books about east german uniforms and medals

Hello,

I want to learn some more about east german medals uniform and weapon systems. I have some books I will show. So which other books would you recommend?

So far I have for medals:

Bartel - Auszeichnungen der DDR
    Attached Files

Comment

Bartel - DDR-Spezialkatalog
      Attached Files

Comment

Bartel - Spezialkatalog Band 2
        Attached Files

Comment

Feder - Militärische Abzeichen der DDR
          Attached Files

Comment

for uniforms:

Keubke Kunz - Militärische Uniformen in der DDR 1949 - 1990
            Attached Files

Comment

Walther - Uniformeffekten der bewaffneten Organe der DDR
              Attached Files

Comment

and for weapon systems:

Kopenhagen - Die Landstreitkräfte der NVA
                Attached Files

Comment

Hey Sven...from your posts, you have already have a good base of books to assist you to know more about your DDR medals.

Two more books that you should look for to add to your collection are

DDR - SPEZIALKATALOG 1949 - 1990 by Frank Bartel (copyright 1998)

AUSZEICHNUNGEN der NVA der DDR by Klaus Feder (copyright 1994)

I hope this assists you and if you still have questions about a medal or badge from your collection, please don't hesitate to post it on the DDR forum.
                  Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Pickard
                    DDR - SPEZIALKATALOG 1949 - 1990 by Frank Bartel (copyright 1998)...

Thanks alot

is that book a different one than the book in post 3 ?
                    Last edited by Master3477; 02-02-2005, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Pickard
                      ...AUSZEICHNUNGEN der NVA der DDR by Klaus Feder (copyright 1994)...
                      Do you have an idea where to get that in Canada or the US? I only found it one time on german ebay but the sending cost are to high.

Comment

Title For DDR Handguns

For those that are interested in sidearms used in the DDR have Dieter Marschall's "Handguns of the Armed Organizations of the Soviet Occupation Zone and German Democratic Republic".

Comment

Here are a few more. Rather than just write their names out, I'm going to post their covers so you will recognize them should you encounter them on ebay or somewhere else. Also some of them are named the same, even though they are totaly different books by different authors. Go figure.
                          Attached Files
                          Michael D. GALLAGHER

M60-A2 Tank Commander Cold War proverb: “You can accomplish more with a kind word and a ‘Shillelagh’ than you can with just a kind word.”

Comment

Next:
                            Attached Files
                            Michael D. GALLAGHER

M60-A2 Tank Commander Cold War proverb: “You can accomplish more with a kind word and a ‘Shillelagh’ than you can with just a kind word.”

Comment

Next:
                              Attached Files
                              Michael D. GALLAGHER

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X