X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

final chapter
    Attached Files

Comment

Very interesting subject and the books seems to be done well ! Looking forward to see the book on the shelves to get hands on it...maybe next Kassel show in Germany.

Regards
      Christian

Comment

Originally posted by compressore View Post
        Very interesting subject and the books seems to be done well ! Looking forward to see the book on the shelves to get hands on it...maybe next Kassel show in Germany.

Regards
        Christian
        Im pretty happy with the final product. Will it be the final word on the subject? I hope not. My hope is it will serve as a building block for future works on the topic.

Once it gets into circulation I hope that the readers will offer their opinions on it, both positive and negative. I'd be naive to believe I got it all right. Their comments will serve as the basis for future changes/corrections to the book . Jim

Comment

I have had it on pre-order from amazon for quite awhile now and look forward to it with great anticipation. This is one area that has had very little exposure and I hope you continue with other women's organizations as well.

Mark Costa

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Costa View Post
            I have had it on pre-order from amazon for quite awhile now and look forward to it with great anticipation. This is one area that has had very little exposure and I hope you continue with other women's organizations as well.

Mark Costa
            Hi Mark,

Once you get it I would welcome your comments , positive or negative. I would have to do a lot of research before I would feel comfortable taking on other female organizations. There are lots of other folks out there more qualified to take on that project . Warm Regards Jim

Comment

Jim, it looks very interesting, great job. not many information around about this subject. I also will look for my copy in the next Kassel Show.
              Collector of Kriegsmarine and Küstenartillerie items

Regards
              Eduardo

Collecting Kriegsmarine !!!: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=725610

sigpic "Deutsche Kriegsmarine"

Comment

Originally posted by km-spain View Post
                Jim, it looks very interesting, great job. not many information around about this subject. I also will look for my copy in the next Kassel Show.
                Thank you for the encouragement and all your help in making the book a better product. I hope the book serves to promote a better understanding of the role that these female auxiliaries played during the war. I look forward to your comments once you have the book in hand. Warm regards Jim

Comment

The books have finally arrived in the states and should be making there way to the stores.

Comment

Received my copy before the weekend, and have read it since.

1st, congratulations to have created the 1st work that covered almost all female branches during WWII /3rd Reich!

Lost of infos, and more important loads of fotos, both period and of surviving pieces. The layout and quality of some fotos could be improved, but thats mainly the fault of the owners (like me )...

But of course I am happy about the result, and proud you could use some of my stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Gran Sasso View Post
                      Received my copy before the weekend, and have read it since.

1st, congratulations to have created the 1st work that covered almost all female branches during WWII /3rd Reich!

Lost of infos, and more important loads of fotos, both period and of surviving pieces. The layout and quality of some fotos could be improved, but thats mainly the fault of the owners (like me )...

But of course I am happy about the result, and proud you could use some of my stuff!

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the honest review. Actually I'm to blame for anything thats wrong with the book. I think the text portion is very informative. Some of the photos could have been improved in size, contrast etc. Not sure but the publishers may have changed printers. A couple of the photos were darker than I wanted but what you edit on the computer screen can be different in print.

I do plan on starting a corrections update thread as more books get into circulation. I have found very few errors with the text. There are photos I couldn't use because of copyright issues that I plan on adding to the thread. There are a few updates like how female LW medics were trained along with an ID tag, a Horse breakers sidecap, photo evidence of the LW hbt protective suit, etc. There will also be an appeal to fellow collectors for additional info and pictures.

I'm planning on writing a sixth volume that will be an overarching attempt to expand on the five books I will have had published. It will look at the overall supply system with an emphasis on how it functioned at to end of the war. Obviously it will discuss rations, personal items, and further the discussion on Wehrmacht helfereinnen. It will allow me to add new photographs that I didn't have, add new information, focus on areas I glossed over like female erkennungsmarke and it might convince those collectors I was unable to connect with to assist me in the new effort etc.

Warm regards jim

Comment

The best book out there about Helferinnen. Great job Jim!

Regards,
                        Wim.

Comment

Fantastic book...

I echo the remarks of previous reviewers concerning this great work. Its packed with unseen personal photo's from the period and of lots of actual items from a number of private collections accompanied by very readable text containing much detail without beating any one topic to death. This is exactly what Jim's become renown for in his previous works on rations and personal items. As an added attraction, the size of the volume is identical to his previous books so they'll all nestle together nicely on that ever growing section of the reference bookshelf. Thanks again Jim for bringing this topic into focus in vivid pictures and text.

Best, Rich

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X