My Nazi Legacy BBC4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Nazi Legacy BBC4

Storyville My Nazi Legacy on BBC4 was an excellent thought provoking program about the sons of Hans Frank and Otto Wächter been interviewed by human rights lawyer Philippe Sands.Going to the places where there fathers worked and facing the past and what they thought of there crimes.
    Franks son hated him and Wächters still loved his at one stage Niklas Frank calling Horst von Wächter a closet Nazi.

A superb programme

Horst just wasn't accepting it was he ?

Nick

Comment

n

No .. Horst wasn't accepting it ... in fact his head was stuck up further that his arse ....

Comment

The Ukrainians were pleased to meet Horst Wachter. They said that his father was a decent man.

Comment

Superb programme.

I found the part where the film moved to Lviv the most interesting and most disturbing. The fact the Synagogue was still there, the place of execution and the re-enactors helping in the service where members of the Galician division were re-interred.

In case of interest here is the iPlayer link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...my-nazi-legacy

Comment

I think Horst showed his true colours with the re-enactors

Comment

I read niklas frank's book. The man needs a psychiatrist.

Comment

Finally had a chance to view the film tonight - courtesy of Netflix. Found it to be very interesting - as it has supplemented a quest to bring together some of the loose ends in my journey, following the story of 'Lady with an Ermine". From the time of my accidental discovery of the Schoberhof in Schliersee, back in 2008 - to the moment of standing in front of the painting in Wawel this past Fall - the film helped further my feelings of such a momentous occasion. The story of the painting - to include the way in which it was associated with Hans Frank - lead my research down all kinds of strange twists and turns. One of my most unique experiences tracking down the painting's journey, was making a visit to Potocki Palace in Krzeszowice - and seeing the villa in which Hans spent his Summers, while in Krakow. Not yet certain how I feel about the emotional side of film - that will take a while to conclude. But I will say I enjoyed the film - and would recommend it to any of us . . . who like me, get's the biggest thrill in Life, studying - and standing - in the footprints of the past.
                PS - Here you can see, both Frank and Wächter, entertaining guests at the rear of the Palace - and a couple of shots, of Frank taking on the steps at the front!
                Attached Files
                Last edited by N.C. Wyeth; 06-10-2016, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X