Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kurt Bühligen eArticle now available

Hi,

We are very happy to announce the release of our latest eArticle, 'The Life of Kurt Bühligen', the story of the last Kommodore of Jagdgeschwader 2. The basic outline of his story is well known, with his rise from mechanic to Geschwaderkommodore over the course of just a few years. However, we've conducted extensive research in order to present more than just the basics. The 6,000 word article is based on many sources, including British, American, and German documents, and interviews with the man himself. It can be downloaded from this location. Although he was a high-scoring Luftwaffe ace, to date Kurt Bühligen has received scant attention from historians, and we believe our article fills a gap in the literature.

Accompanying the text are 26 photographs, a colour profile of one of his Focke-Wulf 190s, two maps (one an overview of his career movements, and the other a map of the 7 November 1940 mission on which Bühligen claimed the destruction of an RAF Hurricane), and a full list of sources used.

Our latest blog post also features a short section from a II./Jagdgeschwader 2 'home movie', featuring Kurt Bühligen and another man we've written about in the past, Fritz Schröter.

We hope you like the new eArticle.

All the best,
    Andrew A.
    Air War Publications - http://www.airwarpublications.com

I'll buy it! Of all the Luftwaffe fighter aces, Bühligen has always been one of the most fascinating!

Comment

Hi Klaus,

Can only agree with you on that! 6,000 words was not really enough to do him justice, but we tried to cover as many aspects of his career and life as we could.

Cheers,
      Andrew A.
      Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com

Comment

Andrew that is excellent news!

As rightly said earlier, Bühligen seems to of been largely ignored in comparison to other Luftwaffe Jadgflieger Asse, and this will I am sure help redress that balance.

Ordered this morning and I look forward to this very much indeed!

Regards Richard.
        Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Purchased and am very impressed with the level of research inside. Clear photographs, excellent maps and aircraft profiles and very detailed text.

Well, well worth 5 euros of anyones money with an interest in Jagdflieger Asse. Highly recommended.

Regards Richard.
          Always looking for Luftwaffe Kampfflieger related document groups. In particular anything to Kampfgeschwader 2.

Comment

Richard,

Thanks for the very kind words about our article. We're glad you enjoyed it! Goltzsch and Hohagen are our next Jagdgeschwader 2 biographies.

Cheers,
            Andrew A.

Comment

Anything on Rudorffer? I believe he is still alive.

Comment

Hi Klaus,

We've previously covered Erich Rudorffer in our Fw 190 in North Africa book, and I'll look at his Jagdgeschwader 54 career between June 1944 and January 1945 in my Air War Courland book. We'd not considered devoting a standalone article to him, but that's a good idea. I'll give it some thought. Hope you liked the Bühligen article.

Cheers,
                Andrew A.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X