Beware Raiders!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware Raiders!

Currently, I'm finishing up on a very good book titled, "Beware Raiders! German Surface Raiders in the Second World War" by Bernard Edwards. This book covers the activities of the auxillary cruiser Pinquin, and the Cruiser Admiral Hipper. The focus is primarily on how successful the Pinquin was in the hunt for merchant ships, compared to the dismal performance of the Hipper. It has very good first person accounts of battle actions, and it is one of the best naval books that I have read concerning the war at sea to date.

I have read that book too. It is interesting and informative about a little discussed area of the war. I think I bought mine at the discount rack at one of the major book seller. Worth a look.

JasonS

Comment

The Pinguin has it's own title- The Cruise of the Raider HK33 (I could be off a bit on this one)

Other titles are:
      Atlantis- WW 2 Raider and another really good read. This raider sank the Australian Cruiser Sydney.
      The Last Gentleman of War (About the raider Emden)- WW 1 but an awesome read....
      Wolf- Another WW 1 Raider and another good read.

Please note that I am remembering the titles from memory and not going through my shelves. I could be off on the titles a bit.

If into the German Auxillary Cruisers...Check this site out:

http://www.ahoy.tk-jk.net/macslog/Ma...a2GermanA.html
      Last edited by sniper1shot; 01-27-2005, 11:02 PM. Reason: Found the site!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X