Who is David G Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is David G Williams

SS Leibstandarte Ace of the Waffen SS Werner Herman Gustav Pötschke Author David G Williams.
    Do not waste your money on this book,its the biggest pile of TRIPE ever printed in the history of printed material.How it was ever printed is beyond me !! It's the meandering of some one with an uneducated mind and that's putting it politely.Even if they were giving it away I wouldn't bother with it !!!!

Originally posted by leib1 View Post
    SS Leibstandarte Ace of the Waffen SS Werner Herman Gustav Pötschke Author David G Williams.
    Do not waste your money on this book,its the biggest pile of TRIPE ever printed in the history of printed material.How it was ever printed is beyond me !! It's the meandering of some one with an uneducated mind and that's putting it politely.Even if they were giving it away I wouldn't bother with it !!!!
    Please explain why?

Comment

I've never heard of this "Book"?????

Comment

Many of the tactics of this new elite formation would be taken on by other forces after the war,not least their ability to form battle groups of different units thrown together quickly to take on a specific assault or defence.The Waffen SS was being moulded into crack units and would in time become infamous for their fanatical assaults on the battlefields of Russia and Europe.They were loyal,dependable and ferocious on the battlefield.Their casualty rate was high,to the army,unacceptably high,and it was this casualty rate that meant there were always positions to be filled, and so the NCO's and officers of the Waffen SS were usually very young compared to the regular army and that of other army's.They were often given the hardest tasks in the campaigns they served in and there attacks were ferocious,but nothing compared to their defences where they fought to the death more often than not.
        Its pages and pages of the same crap it's like reading a 15 year olds homework for a school project.

Comment

Also what is the SS Disposal unit he was first attached to ? Its just a very bazar book
          one I will never finish.

Comment

Originally posted by leib1 View Post
            Also what is the SS Disposal unit he was first attached to ? Its just a very bazar book
            one I will never finish.
            Hi, I believe they probably mean SS-Verfügungstruppe.
            But yeah, my impression is that the book seems crappy in the least: redundant ad nauseam, poorly written as well as unbelievably bad English, nothing new in terms of facts, mostly assumptions.
            It's self-published. There is a considerable chunk available for reading online as a preview.
            I just wonder if it at least has any good photos xD

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X