World at War on Amazon Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World at War on Amazon Prime

Hey Guys - I'm not sure when it was added (I just noticed) but the World At War series is now streaming free with Amazon Prime. First time I heard Laurence Olivier's voice in a long time... still among the best documentaries ever!!

Hi Brian,

Would it not be better just to buy the series on DVD?
    I am sure it will not cost a fortune, and is probably THE best WW2 series ever produced!
    I would not bother to track down and buy the "enhanced" Blu0Ray version, which has been reformatted and tampers with original visuals, losing part of the original images in the process!

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian R View Post
      Hey Guys - I'm not sure when it was added (I just noticed) but the World At War series is now streaming free with Amazon Prime. First time I heard Laurence Olivier's voice in a long time... still among the best documentaries ever!!
      Yes superb series, I remember watching it as a kid

Comment

Got them on blu ray really good i would buy if them only about £20 on bluray

Comment

Originally posted by feldpost 58 View Post
          Hi Brian,

Would it not be better just to buy the series on DVD?
          I am sure it will not cost a fortune, and is probably THE best WW2 series ever produced!
          I would not bother to track down and buy the "enhanced" Blu0Ray version, which has been reformatted and tampers with original visuals, losing part of the original images in the process!

Best wishes,

John.
          Why would it be better ?

Streaming offers advantages over DVD. Sure, you don't physically own it, but you don't have to fumble around sticking discs in drives either, and don't have to worry about running out of shelf space. Video quality is every bit as good as DVD ... I think a few years down the road, DVD's are going to be phased out anyhow, to serve a small niche market like 8 tracks, vinyl albums and cassettes.

Comment

Hi, Eldenwaff,

Must be my age, but I prefer to "own" a DVD/Bluray rather than stream a TV show or series.
            I like something tangible to hold, to me it is like renting a house and owning a house; I like to own the house.
            People who rent homes spend a fortune in rent - for nothing!
            People who own homes have a house, just my thoughts.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

This series has stood the test of time and is still among the best few WW2 doco's going around.

Comment

I doubt there will ever be a better documentary series about the war than this.

Comment

Originally posted by feldpost 58 View Post
                  Hi, Eldenwaff,

Must be my age, but I prefer to "own" a DVD/Bluray rather than stream a TV show or series.
                  I like something tangible to hold, to me it is like renting a house and owning a house; I like to own the house.
                  People who rent homes spend a fortune in rent - for nothing!
                  People who own homes have a house, just my thoughts.

Best wishes,

John.
                  I used to feel much the same, but have changed my mind over the course of time, and glancing at piles of DVD's sitting there that may never be watched again. Streaming is the future, and also DVD's do have a shelf life, eventually they will degrade and turn into coasters.
                  Streaming is also by leaps and bounds more convenient and cost effective, and reliability and quality rivals physical media.

Comment

Originally posted by eldenwaff View Post
                    I used to feel much the same, but have changed my mind over the course of time, and glancing at piles of DVD's sitting there that may never be watched again. Streaming is the future, and also DVD's do have a shelf life, eventually they will degrade and turn into coasters.

Streaming is also by leaps and bounds more convenient and cost effective, and reliability and quality rivals physical media.

I use Netflix and enjoy it... Steaming is good and the future.. But I buy good DVDs I want that I will re watch.. I try to get them on blue ray as Picture quality is great.. This doc I have on blue ray and I will re watch it very good

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X