Book Review...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Review...

Was wondering if anyone has read this book...
    SS-PANZER-AUFKLARUNGSABTEILUNG 11: THE SWEDISH SS-PLATOON IN THE BATTLES FOR THE BALTIC, POMERANIA AND BERLIN, 1943 - 1945
    And how was it? Am interested in Kurland battles and the late war ones fought along these lines...anyone read this??
    Thanks for any help.
    MIke
    http://www.aberdeenbookstore.com/Cat...&ObjectType=27

The two Swedes who expanded the work by the German author of the German-language original are both friends of mine. They added a lot of material I think is interesting, mainly on the Swedish volunteers in the unit. The editing, by the sloppy Swedish publisher, isn't so great, but this book is the only place you'll find a lot of this material in English. So I do recommend the book, warts and all.

Comment

cool. Thanks Marc....might have to get this then. Was also thinking about getting that research book about Kurland. that has been mentioned on this forum.
      Mike

Comment

Lennart's research is top tier. He has specialized on SS-AA 11 since forever.

Doubt anyone else will ever know as much. Regardless if someone considers, editing, etc less than a given standard.

It is data that counts though some recent things, such as a German language TotenkopfverbÀnde book, are a design format and presentation mess.

But to each their own how something should be, look, and value content. Likewise if author cares after handing in his work. I look for data, the redundant, superficial, etc being a waste of tress to print.

So for details at small unit level, doubt the SS-AA 11 book will be beat for those interested in components of "Nordland." Lennart wrote with nearly every living unit vet for decades.

Comment

I have the book, great pictures, great vet story's. If your interested in this unit its a must-buy in my opinion

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X