April 9th-new Danish film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

April 9th-new Danish film

I just discovered this film and was wondering if anyone else here is aware of it.It is about the invasion of Denmark.It looks very good and would love to see it!The production looks splendid as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmcttiebIN0

Thanks for the heads up.

I've just watched a couple of clips on Youtube and it does look good. Also there doesn't appear to be a superfluous love interest which can only be a good thing!

Comment

Another WWII Danish film made this year.This one is about a group a German POW's forced to dig up the mines their military left over in Denmark.So far the Danes are making some good stuff!

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplXvG18De4

EDIT: Found a clip in English (video is a bit wobbly).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANL-Qnf6Eh0

Last edited by Alistair L; 12-15-2015, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alistair L View Post
        I just discovered this film and was wondering if anyone else here is aware of it.It is about the invasion of Denmark.It looks very good and would love to see it!The production looks splendid as well
        I bought the movie from Amazon.co.uk as I have a region free DVD player. The movie is decent, but it really feels almost like the beginning of something.

It is short and really only - as the title notes - covers the one day of action. It is an interesting film that looks great but apart from a few action scenes during the invasion there isn't much to it. Like I see it would have been better if it were part of a mini-series - a Danish Soldier of Orange for example, where the characters do something after the invasion. Instead (sorry but you must know the history) the Germans invade, win and the film ends.

Comment

"the Germans invade, win and the film ends."

With a little help of a MG42

Comment

As a reenactor i was in it. The director has done his historical research, although he did not know anything about the uniforms. One of the battle scenes was shot in eastern europe and you can see that on the costumes and the MG42 As one of the responsible people for the correct german uniforms and guns for the battlescene shot in Haderslev i can say that we really looked good :P

Comment

Hi,

you can watch this film on Amazon Prime, if you have subscribed. Yes, it does seem all too brief, but I think that is the point of the film. Everything was over in an instant. The confusion experienced by the Danish troops on the border is well protrayed and there is a nice "Band of Brothers" type of interview with the Danish vets at the end. I enjoyed it very much. And yes, it was a little annoying to see an MG 42....

regards

macleod

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X