Lost Honour, Betrayed Loyalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All, anyone had a look at this? It has the potential to be quite interesting but the blurb might also suggest otherwise.
    http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Honour-Be...8W4VHYZVVV06GZ
    Also noticed this one that looks quite interesting.
    http://www.amazon.com/Will-Not-Tuaps...9M99CEWQJS2XDC

Cheers
    Allan

I've examined the Lost Honour book in a Barnes & Noble, and it seems like a worthwhile memoir with a quality translation. I'll get a copy and read it eventually.

The Kaisergruber memoir should be good. He was active in veterans' affairs and worked with some researchers. Most prominently, he aided Doug Nash with the latter's Hell's Gate book about Cherkassy.

Comment

Thanks for that Marc. These days I prefer to get the thoughts of others when there still seem to be bogus memoirs coming out.

Comment

I've got Herbert Maeger's memoir and found it to be very readable, much more so than many other wartime recollections that have been published. The content seems pretty authentic, with no obvious anomalies - which is probably helped by the quality of the translation into English. I recommend it.

Comment

This book is definitely worth reading!

Comment

I read it a few months ago and enjoyed. I also agree it seems to be an authentic story, unlike "Goodbye Transylvania", that I didnt manage to finish, it was so blatantly false. It would be nice to be able to check the WASt files of some of these guys.

Comment

Hi,

With regards to Fernand Kaisergruber's book, I was wondering if he is still with us at all?

Many thanks

Jay.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X