MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Personal Effects Book by Jim Pool.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Personal Effects Book by Jim Pool.....

I just reviewed my copy of LTC (Ret) Jim Pool's latest work entitled "Ruhetag - A Day In the Life of the German Soidier in WW2 - Vol. 1 - Health & Hygene". It coveres such topics as uniform, hair, and foot care, shaving gear, footwear and much more including a special section devoted to the Lica/Mica kits. Much of this may seem mundane but if you're into details and enjoy learning about how these common items were used, seeing what the look like and their connections to present day products, this is the book for you and it'll likely be the last in depth treatment of the subject.

Those familiar with Jim's previous works on German Rations know what to expect but for my money, this one is the best yet!! The format is the same as the ration books but this one has a more lively presentation with subtexts highlighted, more color pic's of items paired with B&W period pic's (all of which are unpublished) of the same or like items in use sprinkled liberally throughout. The introduction to each chapter is very readable and explains the rationale, issue policies, and general useage of the items presented. What Chris Mason started with his book concerning personal items, Jim has finished...and this is only Vol. 1. (Vol. 2 will most likely be a year off)

I highly reccomend this to book as a most worthy companion to the ration books or as a stand alone reference.

Best, Rich

I have also purchased this book and am EXTREMELY pleased with it! The author has done an excellant job with the selection of wartime images and organizing everything into a coherent manner.

Looking forward to the, hopeful, companion volume!

Comment

Originally posted by stroh View Post
      I have also purchased this book and am EXTREMELY pleased with it! The author has done an excellant job with the selection of wartime images and organizing everything into a coherent manner.

Looking forward to the, hopeful, companion volume!
      Thanks for the kind words. Volume II will probably get published later in the year. I already approved the cover. The second volume will focus on Morale and Welfare which includes chapters on sex, religion, tobacco products, games, sports, music, unit cap badges etc. My goal is to cover those activities that effected the German soldier on a daily basis. I believe the two volumes of Ruhetag along with the two volumes on rations does a fair job at telling that story. Jim

Comment

Good evening mr. POOL in Italy I see your ration's book but not this.
        Where I can find it ?
        Thanks?

Comment

Originally posted by tiziano buttier View Post
          Good evening mr. POOL in Italy I see your ration's book but not this.
          Where I can find it ?
          Thanks?
          I saw that it's available on Amazon Italy

http://www.amazon.it/gp/aw/d/0764349...ACL&ref=plSrch

Warm Regards Jim

Comment

Many thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X