New Bender Police Book a Must!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bender Police Book a Must!

Since delivery at the close of December, I’ve been consumed with 704 pages of chronologically organized reference that are absolutely slammed full of fascinating facts of the, as the title reads, Uniforms, Organization, & History of the German Police. Included with this historically rich publication is truly some of the most unique period pictures used to corroborate documented events/developments along with numerous color photos of collector held uniforms and other related articles used by the German Police. Amongst the photos of collector held uniform photos included, you will find many images from the wonderful collections of fellow forum members. While historically rich, this 1<SUP>st</SUP> Volume includes a sound taste of the potential yet to come in the anticipated future volumes, and is a must for the police collector or anyone else with an interest in The German Police!

A well-deserved Thank You goes to the authors John R. Angolia and Hugh Page Taylor, and also to R. James Bender Publishing. I appreciate all your hard work and time that went into delivery of another wonderful reference, and I look forward to future volumes! Thank you!

http://www.bender-publishing.com/
    Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Just got mine today. Looks like the read will be worth the wait.

Comment

An unbelievable amount of information to digest! Great!
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

New Bender book on the German Police

Thanks to Dave for his kind words.

I'm really pleased to hear the book is now available in the US. Please let us have your comments, criticisms, etc. so we can correct the record where necessary in the volumes that follow.

Hugh

Comment

The mail man woke me up this morning to hand me mine. I haven't had a chance to read it, yet, but it was a bit more substantial that I expected. I've thumbed through it and it's filled with great period photographs.
          AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

Bender books must have me on their disregard list. I ordered this book as soon as it was available, received confirmation of the order...and nothing. This happens every single time I order a book from them. It takes multiple emails to get them to ship...worth the hassle though from the sound of it.

Comment

I'm the same as Andy, I ordered as soon as it was available and nothing yet. Calls and emails haven't managed to help either. I actually thought my order hadn't gone through but that wasn't the case, they just hadn't gotten around to it I suppose. I guess I'm just eager to see what you guys are talking about

Comment

Perhaps the books are now making it West to East! Should be on the way!
                Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Cameron
                  Perhaps the books are now making it West to East! Should be on the way!
                  I'm sorry to read of Andy and Billy's complaints about delays in getting the book: Roger has been working his fingers to the bone getting orders out and I'm sure he will have seen to these now: I forwarded the link to him so he could act. Sadly, I live on the other side of the world and so cannot just pop in to SJ to help out: wish I could!

I'm still hoping for feedback and that those who waited so long for this book will not be disappointed. Jack, Roger and I are already getting on with Volume 2...

Best regards to all

Hugh

Comment

I was told that mine would take 12 weeks to arrive in England, ordered it as soon as it came out, and the 12 week date was from last week, very dissapointed. Hope the book is worth the wait.

Comment

Originally posted by gary9
                      I was told that mine would take 12 weeks to arrive in England, ordered it as soon as it came out, and the 12 week date was from last week, very dissapointed. Hope the book is worth the wait.
                      Gary

Sorry to hear of your disappointment. Trouble is, the book is thick with over 700 pages and, being on good paper and hardbound, weighs a fair lot. So I assume you ordered via surface mail. There were delays in receiving the books from the printer, too.

I'm looking forward to stock reaching Australia, as my friends at Hylands (the best military book shop down here) have suggested I be around to meet buyers and sign copies when the shipment arrives.

Anyway, I really hope you will consider it worth the wait - and will let us know!

Hugh

Comment

They're in Europe! mine arrived today. Nicely numbered (mine's 228) and signed by the authors.
                        Collecting German award documents, other paperwork and photos relating to Norway and Finland.

Comment

Well, mine arrived today and I couldn't be happier. There appears to be hours upon hours of discovery in there, a wonderful work that had to be a labor of love. I salute the authors on their tome, and can't wait to pick it up tonight.

Hi Gary,

Don't worry, you'll be pleased

Comment

Landmark

I ordered a copy from Landmark in the UK. I am advised that is was scheduled for a mid January delivery. Not got it yet though Very much looking forward to receiving it.

Glenn

Comment

Copies have been arriving here in Australia, so hopefully the UK orders will soon be filled. I am really looking forward to reactions, comments, criticisms...!

Hugh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X