CollectorsGuild

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"After Stalingrad" memoir by Adelbert Holl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"After Stalingrad" memoir by Adelbert Holl.

The German soldier Adalbert Holl, who had his Stalingrad memoir, "An Infantryman in Stalingrad," published by Jason Mark, now has his POW memoir, "After Stalingrad," being published by Pen and Sword.

http://www.amazon.com/After-Stalingr...talingrad+holl

Was there any mention that you heard of that will give us an idea of what type of format, and if it would be possibly be available digitally? It doesn't appear to be that large of a book, and would like to see it available digitally to read...
    Thanks,
    Mike

Comment

Looking foward to this one.
      Not interested in the digital nonsense.

Comment

why is it necessary to speak so negatively about digital books? I like to read...but don't have space for a lot of books anymore...SO...what...I'm not supposed to read anymore??

Comment

Mike, it has to do with general appreciation of digital media. The point with a physical book is that if someone has seen a text worthy of physical presentation, it must be worth at least something. On the other hand, by releasing something in digital format one admits it is not worthy of physical presentation, therefore its value is lesser or non-existent. For example, I would never pay a dime for anything that is in digital-only format. Never. I want something tangible for my money.

Comment

Originally posted by pasoleati View Post
            Mike, it has to do with general appreciation of digital media. The point with a physical book is that if someone has seen a text worthy of physical presentation, it must be worth at least something. On the other hand, by releasing something in digital format one admits it is not worthy of physical presentation, therefore its value is lesser or non-existent. For example, I would never pay a dime for anything that is in digital-only format. Never. I want something tangible for my money.
            I know that...I would to. Its just that I prefer to read things this way now...I have read many things that were great and were made available digitally as well. it just gives more options for everyone. that's all...just don't see the need to bash it, as its STILL READING....and would rather have something as apposed to nothing...thanks for the reply...
            Mike

Comment

Sorry Mike.I didn't mean any disrespect.

Comment

Thanks...no problem...Just like to read, and wish more stuff was available digitally cause makes it easier for me...
                take care all
                Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X