David Hiorth

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Memoirs in pictures - perfect Xmas pressie for yourself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Memoirs in pictures - perfect Xmas pressie for yourself?

The perfect (and future collector's items) pressie to put on your list for this year.
    Interesting in learning about history from the history makers?
    Want to see what their eyes seen?

My Brother in Arms (Kurt Sametreiter and Heinz Klose in WWII) - £75.00

Covers the history of former SS-Obersturmfuhrer (1st Lieutenant) Kurt Sametreiter. This Austrian national volunteered for the SS less than 3 weeks after his country had been annexed by Germany, in 1938. This 15-year old boy had a selfish motivation for this, that was the need to find employment, but also sustainable employment.

This decision took him from his native Austria into Germany and by the end of World War Two, he had spent time in Poland, Holland, Belgium, France, Greece and the former Soviet Union.

This book allows us to follow most of those journeys through the photographs that Kurt Sametreiter and his friend, Heinz Klosowski took themselves. This journey took Kurt Sametreiter from a young boy through to an SS Officer and holder of Germany's highest award for bravery - the Knight's Cross.

Heinz Klosowski left his native Danzig and volunteered for the Waffen-SS in an effort to protect his homeland from aggression. This decision cost him his life on the Russian Front. It is a unique and fascinating insight into the lives of the Waffen-SS soldiers. The book itself contains:

350 photographs - the vast majority from the personal archive of Kurt Sametreiter
    60 period documents that help provide additional detail
    20 maps that help orientate you to where the story unfolded
    This book has been designed to emulate the original war-time photo albums. The cover is produced with a thick, padded and embossed leatherette material. Inside are 176 pages filled with the history of these two men. The images are laid out on high quality, high gloss paper.

Each of the books are individually numbered and contain the stamped signature of Kurt Sametreiter (He is unable to write due to Parkinson's Disease). The additional Author signature will be added, together with an inscription of your choosing.

My Brother in Arms - the Lost Archive - £65.00
    This latest publication adds further depth to the history of former SS-Obersturmfuhrer (1st Lieutenant) Kurt Sametreiter. This book became possible following the discovery of a 'lost' collection of more than 300 images and documents in 2013.

The additional archive contains unpublished photographs of Joachim Peiper and Werner Wolff, plus great images of Kurt, Heinz and some of the men who fought alongside them.

The book follows the same chronological format, adding additional visual insights into Kurt's history. For the first time, the Order of Battle of the Leibstandarte's Panzerjaeger Battalion is laid out.

Further discussions with Kurt, since 2013, have allowed a deeper understanding of his experiences and those who were close to him. The book itself contains:

301 photographs - almost all from the personal archive of Kurt Sametreiter
    Additional images and insight obtained from 1st SS Kameraden Hans Baumann
    39 period documents that help provide additional detail
    This book is an excellent and important companion to Book One, and like that book, emulates the war-time photo albums. The thick, padded and embossed leatherette cover is wrapped around 145 high quality, high gloss pages.

Go to http://www.lahpublishing.com for images of both books and sample internal pages. Postage to be confirmed once your location is known.

looks like a interesting book, but price is very high may but people off.
    is it available on amazon or just direct?

Comment

Well speaking from experience and the fact that I know and have travelled with the author to meet many SS veterans over the last twenty five years or more these books are worth very penny and would not even begin to repay the time and expensive incurred in doing them .
      If you are interested in the Waffen SS then these are the books for you , maybe not cheap but money well spent .

Comment

Originally posted by Schnellmeyer View Post
        Well speaking from experience and the fact that I know and have travelled with the author to meet many SS veterans over the last twenty five years or more these books are worth very penny and would not even begin to repay the time and expensive incurred in doing them .
        If you are interested in the Waffen SS then these are the books for you , maybe not cheap but money well spent .
        +

Comment

Only available direct.

Expensive books to produce, but these are not standard books. The images on the website should help give an insight, but having them in your hands would show exactly what effort is in there, that's before you view the superb and unrivalled content, which contains their view of the war.

The two members who have commented so far, are both people who own their personally signed copies, so they are talking from first hand experience.

I fully appreciate the high cost, but the base cost is also high (to make) and is more than most 'standard' book selling price! Look at other large format, photographic books as a comparison - then look at what is on offer - 650 personal images, documents, maps, all backed up by the insight from one of the people who took a large portion of those images. Less than 20 of these images would have been seen before.

Hope this may help you make up your mind (either way?).

Comment

nothing good is free and nothing real good is cheap

dont apologize for the cost.
            Just to have this book in English alone makes it worth more. Most SS memoirs are only in Deutsch and I guess many just cant wrap their heads around the actual cost of a decent (human work-not google translate crap)translation of Deutsch which into English is insanely expensive.

Nothing SS is cheap...so why must books on SS be bargain basement prices?
            After all, even if you asked 5 dollars for it ,then some as$klown would buy it (since they can afford it) just to scan it and post it digitally for free----Yeah, Ive seen it many times.

Comment

Originally posted by ss3 View Post
              Only available direct.

Expensive books to produce, but these are not standard books. The images on the website should help give an insight, but having them in your hands would show exactly what effort is in there, that's before you view the superb and unrivalled content, which contains their view of the war.

The two members who have commented so far, are both people who own their personally signed copies, so they are talking from first hand experience.

I fully appreciate the high cost, but the base cost is also high (to make) and is more than most 'standard' book selling price! Look at other large format, photographic books as a comparison - then look at what is on offer - 650 personal images, documents, maps, all backed up by the insight from one of the people who took a large portion of those images. Less than 20 of these images would have been seen before.

Hope this may help you make up your mind (either way?).
              You are the author or publisher?
              I do own quite a lot of WW2 books referenced and story books.
              dose sound like a good book i seen the website and got me interested.
              i think this book will go on my list to buy.

Comment

I am the Author, Publisher and Designer, with the printing and binding being the only two aspects 'outsourced'.

Glad it has helped and will wait to hear from you.

Regards
                Peter

Comment

Money well spent , a quality book that takes pride off place in my collection of books.

Comment

I second that Peter has done years of research its his passion. Great books well worth the money. Unpublished pictures of LAH in normandie no brainer !!!

Great books

Si

Comment

I own both books...OUTSTANDING... You should own these if you like SS combat photos and uniforms!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X