Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume I SS-Totenkopfverbände 1933-1939"

Dear all,
    I am glad and proud to be able to announce that volume I of my study “Die SS-Totenkopfverbände 1933 – 1939” is now ready for shipment.
    Volume I describes in detail the history of the SS-Totenkopfverbände during the years 1933 – 1937.
    The enclosed attachment shows a detailed description of its contents.

Please note that my study does not "compete" with Mark Yerger's "Totenkopfdivision" book, as mine is written in german and only dealing with the years 1933 - 1939.

The present book has a format of 17 x 24 cm, is printed on high quality silkpaper and contains 297 pages and 150 photos at a sellingprice of 40 euros excl. shippingcosts.

In the meantime all pre-ordering customers have been informed.
    Prospective buyers are kindly requested to show their interest by sending me a PM.

Looking forward and best wishes,
    Marten van Dijken
    Attached Files

I highly recommend this book. Very well researched with information you won't find in any other published works on the SS in general on the pre-war Totenkopf units.

No doubt the future 2 volumes will be impressive too and I will be looking forward to reading them.

Marten, do you have an update as to when they might be published? Can one place a pre-order?

Many thanks for your considerable efforts, Peter

Comment

Thank you very much for your kind words, Peter.
      Salesfigures show that my book indeed is meeting the need of a great number historical students as well as military collectors interested to learning more about the very complicated history of the pre-war upbuilding of the armoured SS.
      Given this interest and the positive salesfigures, I am glad to anounce that volume II of my book (July 1937 - August 1939) is to be published definitively. If things go well, this second volume will be available somewhere during spring 2016.
      Those who already bought volume I, don't have to pre-order. I have their emailadresses and they will be informed in time when volume II is ready.

For those who bought volume I of my book so far, I am listing below necessary additions/corrections after volume I was published in September this year:
      Page 24: please alter picturedescription “Häftlingskolonne des Konzentrationslagers Lichtenburg in 1935” in “Häftlingskolonne des Konzentrationslagers Hohnstein in 1934”
      Page 126: please alter picturedescription “Scheungraber” in “Scheingraber”
      Page 250: please alter picturedescription “Kassel” in “Mainz/Darmstadt”
      Page 225: please add in the list of the to IV. SS-TV Östfriesland" transfered Junkerschüler “Arnold, Carstens, Mützelfeldt, Weitzel”: Richard Pauly
      Page 253: please remove from the list of the to V. SS-TV "Brandenburg" transfered Junkerschuler "Christoph, Holenia, Pauly, Westermann”: Pauly.

Copies of volume I are still available. Please write to tveccles@cs.com

Best wishes,
      Marten
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello.

My German is verbal conversation and some basic military terms and basic words in written form.

Is this book still worth purchasing or will it be a photo book to look through?

Thanks,
        Chris.

Comment

I appreciate the effort of any author with hopes for their success.

But, language aside, the "Totenkopf" trilogy is not "just" on the division that is in itself a rather vast topic. In the 900+ pages of volumes 1 and 2 I covered the combat division created in 1939 and ceasing to exist in 1945.

Volume 3 is the research of my friend and colleague Ignacio Arrondo. That details the 16 numbered Totenkopfstandarten, "Kirkenes," and their replacement units that obviously would include their precursor development. Partial content includes their superior command authorities, development, the SS service careers of their more than 100 commanders at regiment and battalion level, as well as the later recipients of the Knight's Cross and German Cross in Gold who served at one point in these units before decorated elsewhere. I am sure the authors vary in desired scope and/or specific aspects of researched content included. But to say the three volumes of "Totenkopf" is "just" the division or implying that is the sole topic of the trilogy is, with respect, incorrect.

Mark C. Yerger

Comment

I agree, Mark.
            As far as I know, Ignacio's volume 3 will only cover the history of the Totenkopfstandarten from September 1939 onwards.
            My books are written in german and are only dealing with the SS-Totenkopfverbände during the years 1933 until 1939.
            Different subject, different timeframe.
            Therefore, no competition.
            Best wishes,
            Marten van Dijken
            Last edited by dikeman; 02-05-2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Book "Die SS-Totenkopfverbände 1933-1939"

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
              Hello.

My German is verbal conversation and some basic military terms and basic words in written form.

Is this book still worth purchasing or will it be a photo book to look through?

Thanks,
              Chris.
              Hello Chris,
              Only today I read your question concerning my book, text and pictures.
              Volume I of my book contains 297 pages and 150 photos.
              In my opinion even the pictures alone would make the purchase of the book worthwhile.
              Very well documented, mentioning a lot of sources, the photos in general coming from a lot of private sources and never been published before, I regard the book as a must for every student interested in the pre-war history of the W-SS.
              If you would like to receive more info, pls write to tveccles@cs.com
              Best wishes,
              Marten van Dijken

Comment

Any news on part 2 and 3? If i read correctly part 2 should be published by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark C. Yerger View Post
                  I appreciate the effort of any author with hopes for their success.

But, language aside, the "Totenkopf" trilogy is not "just" on the division that is in itself a rather vast topic. In the 900+ pages of volumes 1 and 2 I covered the combat division created in 1939 and ceasing to exist in 1945.

Volume 3 is the research of my friend and colleague Ignacio Arrondo. That details the 16 numbered Totenkopfstandarten, "Kirkenes," and their replacement units that obviously would include their precursor development. Partial content includes their superior command authorities, development, the SS service careers of their more than 100 commanders at regiment and battalion level, as well as the later recipients of the Knight's Cross and German Cross in Gold who served at one point in these units before decorated elsewhere. I am sure the authors vary in desired scope and/or specific aspects of researched content included. But to say the three volumes of "Totenkopf" is "just" the division or implying that is the sole topic of the trilogy is, with respect, incorrect.

Mark C. Yerger
                  What a smug comment, Mark.

Originally posted by dikeman View Post
                  I agree, Mark.
                  As far as I know, Ignacio's volume 3 will only cover the history of the Totenkopfstandarten from September 1939 onwards.
                  My books are written in german and are only dealing with the SS-Totenkopfverbände during the years 1933 until 1939.
                  Different subject, different timeframe.
                  Therefore, no competition.
                  Best wishes,
                  Marten van Dijken
                  Just saw your post today, Marten - and think I'll be picking up a copy of your book today. [And nice reply to such a smug comment - from that vain fellow, who IMO, only did so in attempt to demean your effort ]

Comment

Originally posted by r2k7447 View Post
                    Any news on part 2 and 3? If i read correctly part 2 should be published by now.
                    This very moment Volume 2 of my documentary "Die SS-Totenkopfverbände 1933-1939" is at the printer's. This particular volume covers the years 1937 - 1939 in 281 pages.
                    The text is illustrated with 200+ pictures, largely from private sources and not being published before.

Contents of volume II:

V. Organisation, Geschichte, Chronologie der SS-TV
                    1. Vom 1. SS-TV „Oberbayern” zur 1. SS-T-Standarte „Oberbayern”
                    1937-1939
                    2. Vom 2. SS-TV „Brandenburg” zur 2. SS-T-Standarte „Brandenburg”
                    1937-1939
                    3. Vom 3. SS-TV „Thüringen” zur 3. SS-T-Standarte „Thüringen”
                    1937-1939
                    4. Die 4. SS-T-Standarte „Ostmark” 1938-1939
                    5. Der I. und II. Ergänzungssturmbann der SS-T-Standarten
                    1938-1939
                    6. Die Panzerabwehrlehrkompanie der verst. SS-T-Standarten 1939
                    7. Die Ausbildungskompanie des Gruppenkommandos der
                    verstärkten SS-Totenkopfstandarten 1939

VI. März 1938: Der Einmarsch in Österreich
                    1. Der Einsatz des 1. SS-TV „Oberbayern“
                    2. Der Einsatz des 2. SS-TV „Brandenburg“
                    3. Der Einsatz des 3. SS-TV „Thüringen“
                    4. Zusammenfassung

VII. September/Oktober 1938: Die Sudetenkrise
                    1. Vorgeschichte
                    2. Einberufung von Reservisten zwecks Übernahme der Bewachung
                    der Konzentrationslager und als Polizeiverstärkung
                    3. Alarmierung der SS-Totenkopfverbände
                    4. Der Einsatz der 1. SS-T-Standarte „Oberbayern“ im Ascher Zipfel
                    5. Einsätze der 2., 3. und 4. SS-T-Standarte am
                    Westwall
                    6. Das Münchner Abkommen am 30.9.1938
                    7. Der Einsatz der 1. SS-T-Standarte „Oberbayern“ im Sudetenland
                    8. Der Einsatz der 2. SS-T-Standarte „Brandenburg“ im Sudetenland
                    9. Abschluß
                    Ortsnamenverzeichnis Deutsch - Tschechisch

VIII. März 1939: Der Einmarsch in Böhmen und Mähren
                    1. Vorgeschichte
                    2. Der Einsatz der SS-Totenkopfstandarten während des
                    Einmarsches vom 15. - 31.3.1939
                    3. Die 1. SS-T-Standarte „Oberbayern“ als Garnisonstruppe in
                    Brünn vom 1.4. - 9.10.1939

Personenregister
                    Abkürzungen
                    Vorausblick: Inhaltsverzeichnis Band III
                    [/COLOR]

Last copies of volume I (1933-1937) are still available.
                    Please contact tveccles@cs.com for further info.
                    Best wishes,
                    Marten

Comment

a question

hello Marten,
                      does your work include the ideological/religious training and/or emphasis made by those in power (over said troops) to inculcate them in Nazi and SS beliefs?
                      I ask as this type of "military instruction/propaganda" is most of the time USUALLY (purposely) ignored as it is of no interest to the actual researcher/author of this type of work.

But -If it does, then I'm interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                        hello Marten,
                        does your work include the ideological/religious training and/or emphasis made by those in power (over said troops) to inculcate them in Nazi and SS beliefs?
                        I ask as this type of "military instruction/propaganda" is most of the time USUALLY (purposely) ignored as it is of no interest to the actual researcher/author of this type of work.

I agree, MF - if such research were to be included, I too would find it to be interesting.

That does seem to be a topic, often ignored - yet, very much a part of SS indoctrination . . . and purposely downplayed, if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                          hello Marten,

Hello Michael,
                          Volume III of my documentary will contain a dedicated chapter "Weltanschauung" dealing extensively with the ideologic education of members of the SS-Totenkopfverbände.
                          Best wishes,
                          Marten

Comment

Yes!

Originally posted by dikeman View Post
                            Hello Michael,
                            Volume III of my documentary will contain a dedicated chapter "Weltanschauung" dealing extensively with the ideologic education of members of the SS-Totenkopfverbände.
                            Best wishes,
                            Marten
                            Awesome news:
                            and about time!
                            so now I want to pre-order for your 3rd book.
                            I realize that may not be possible yet, but if so please inform me of the details (cost for 3rd book, etc) needed to order it, and if not now, when you do know.
                            Much thanks,
                            Michael F.

Comment

Hello,

just finished with volume 1. I have no words. This book includes a lot of informations which were gathered in many years work. I think it´s a masterpiece on it´s subject.
                              Thank you very much Marten!
                              Regards
                              Sebastian

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X