Bavarian Honor Badge & Detlev's new book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavarian Honor Badge & Detlev's new book

Have you guys ever seen one of these 25yr Bavarian Honor Badges for sale? In Detlev's new book on pg. 138 he shows a 20 year badge version like this one and a 25 year badge with enamel. He has a price of 250 and 300 listed respectively. That seems really high to me. Is that a fair price for this?

Thanks,
    Tim
    Attached Files

It seems high to me, but I guess some people out there are paying that amount. Personally, I paid @10% for one @7 years ago. They show up in flea markets all the time seemingly.

Comment

Evidently these kind of veteran's association pieces are more popular in Europe. I saw one for sale at a U.S. show not long ago for $45 and I'm pretty sure that the seller went home with it.

Comment

His price for that badge is way out of line. $30-45 sounds more realistic. Mike

Comment

Hi guys,

That's what I thought. Maybe the extra "0" at the end was a typo

Tim

Comment

Bavarian Veterans Association Badge

By the way, this kind of badge and the others similar to it, (all the same family) features both a crowned lion in one version, and a lion without headdress in another, indicating presumably pre and post 1918 manufactue. Judging from your comments, I felt a tinge of envy because I had to pay the higher prices mentioned in the previous theads, and this was several years ago. Tony C.

Comment

A similar one @1931:
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by McCulloh
                A similar one @1931:
                That is really a great photo!
                By any chance do you have any other photos of veterans wearing vet badges?
                Tony

Comment

Hi Tony,

Here's a nice pre WW1 vets badge. Others have already seen it and are probably sick of me flashing it around. I've posted a pic for your benefit.
                  Nice large fire-gilded badge.

Rev marked G Deschler in the art nouveau typography. Enjoy!
                  Last edited by Eric Stahlhut; 06-04-2008, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Brunswick Vet Badge Assortment

Originally posted by Eric Stahlhut
                    Hi Tony,

Here's a nice pre WW1 vets badge. Others have already seen it and are probably sick of me flashing it around. I've posted a pic for your benefit.
                    Nice large fire-gilded badge.

Rev marked G Deschler in the art nouveau typography. Enjoy!
                    Hi Eric,
                    yes, that one is a beautiful one indeed. I have one jus the same, including the minor damage on the right "foot". They both feature a lion wearing a crown, indicating they are both pre 1918 manufactured badges. Do you perhaps have any other pictures of actual veterans wearing badges? Thank youfor taking the time to show a vet badge that has already seen by the others. Here 's one you might enjoy
                    Cheers, Tony
                    Last edited by Tony Colson; 05-06-2005, 08:28 PM. Reason: Missing picture

Comment

Mr. McCulloh has (or had) a studio pic of this badge in wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Colson
                        That is really a great photo!
                        By any chance do you have any other photos of veterans wearing vet badges?
                        Tony
                        I do. I bought a roll of Bavarian vets @5 years ago. About 50% had medals etc. including a lot of Alfons spanges.
                        I'll see what I have in the hard drive.

Comment

I do. I bought a roll of Bavarian vets @5 years ago. About 50% had medals etc. including a lot of Alfons spanges.
                          I'll see what I have in the hard drive.
                          That would be absolutely fantastic. I could really use your help. I'm thinking of putting together a small book on Imperial German vet badges, and I can really use some pictures of actual vets wearing the items. Pictures of the badges themselves just isn't enough. I will share those pictures I already have with you. Needless to say, you would get credit for all the pictures used, if the publication ever gets off the ground, and a whole bunch of gratitude to boot. I've been threatening to do this now for several years, however...... Many thanks,
                          Tony

Comment

My scanner is kaput for the moment; but here is one I saved from @3 years ago still on my hard drive.
                            Attached Files

Comment

My scanner is kaput for the moment; but here is one I saved from @3 years ago still on my hard drive.
                              Hi,
                              if it is OK with you I would like to use the picture at a later date in the chapter dealing with Bavarian badges. Many thanks. By the way, does anyone know what the Alfons decorations was awarded for? In the meantime I have one for you: Scholarly-looking elderly gentleman wearing a Prussian vet badge: small Prussian shield with black and white streamers; separate, upper portion of badge indicates 25 years of membership in the Verein. Gentleman also has a set of miniature decorations in his lapel. DARN! NOW MY SCANNER DOESN'T WANT TO COOPERATE. I WILL SEND PICTURE AT A LATER DATE, AS SOON AS I CAN FIX THE PROBLEM. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE. TONY
                              Cheers,
                              Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X