New Books over German soldiers daily life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Books over German soldiers daily life

Just wanted to give a head-ups on a new book scheduled for release at the end of October 2016. Well Vol I will be published this year. Not sure when Vol II is due for release. I just got the final proof for review and to be frank it looks pretty good. The book will be around 250 pages with a decent amount of text and lots of pictures. Vol I is on Health/Hygiene items. Vol II will be on Morale and Welfare issues. At $33 its a bargain compared to the price of most books. WR Jim Pool
    Attached Files

Looks interesting but Schiffer are listing it at $59.99, not $33.

Comment

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
      Looks interesting but Schiffer are listing it at $59.99, not $33.
      Sorry,

Its $33 from Amazon. Jim

http://www.amazon.com/Ruhetag-German...ywords=ruhetag

Comment

Originally posted by djpool View Post
        The UK Amazon site is listing it at £49.99 ($77) - it's cheaper to buy it from the US site and have it shipped over!

Comment

Look great Jim. i just pre-ordered a copy from Amazon with a few clicks. Total order with shipping was USD $40.54.

Comment

Hi Mike,

Thank you. From a visual and layout standpoint I believe everyone will be happy. The editors from Schiffer did a wonderful job.

From the info standpoint the books a little uneven. There is a lot of policy and general guidance from German and Allied references included in the book. Product info is limited to what l could glean from allied intelligence sources. So items like soap, Perviten, delousing products, rubber for footgear, combs etc are well covered, while others subjects like oral hygiene are given limited coverage. The book is richly supplied with photographs due in large part to the many contributors like yourself who assisted me.

There are only three Annexes. One on the Mica Kit,a wonderful annex on Military Archeology done in large part by our own Jean Loup Gassend and an extensive study on wartime textiles. I think uniform collectors will get a kick out of this annex.

When Vol II comes out I'm not sure. The Helferin book is scheduled for the spring of 2016 so I'm thinking Vol II will also come out then.

Vol II finishes up my attempt to cover those areas that relate to the day to day life of the German soldiers: Rations, Health/Hygiene and finally Morale and Welfare programs.

WR Jim

Originally posted by Mike Davis View Post
            Look great Jim. i just pre-ordered a copy from Amazon with a few clicks. Total order with shipping was USD $40.54.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X