CEJ Books

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lawrence's book on Kursk finally to be released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawrence's book on Kursk finally to be released!

Christopher Lawrence's massive 1600 page book on the southern salient of Kursk is finally to be released. I've waited well over twelve years for this book!!!

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...?f=19&t=216532

Hi,

I can't wait either!!

Thanks for posting the info!

Best,

Jeff

Comment

Wow, 1600 pgs...that should leave NO stone unturned on this one....lol

Comment

The book is finally available to reserve on Aberdeen's website!!!!

http://www.aberdeenbookstore.com/Boo...aspx?ID=253516

Comment

Tom showed me the dummy proof a couple of weeks ago. The dummy doesn't have any printing, it is a proof for the paper and binding, including the many fold-out pages. It was one of the largest books I have ever seen, similar to the unabridged Oxford dictionary sometimes found in university libraries. You'll have to set this book on a desk or table to be able to read it!

Comment

That is not a problem...

Comment

I visited Aberdeen again today, and Tom told me he has received over 50 pre-orders in the first day it was available, with more coming in all the time. He's quite pleased thus far!

Comment

"....not just the Panther and Tiger tanks, not just the SS, not just the tank busting Stukas."

From just reading the above quote from the link I like the book already.

Comment

Was wondering if anyone knew the physical dimensions on this book?? Is going to be fine small font type print?? Hope not...my eyesight sucks....lol

Comment

I believe it is 8" x 10", double-column with a reasonably small font, though I would prefer smaller still. Have you considered a large page-sized magnifying glass?

Comment

Got message from Tom and he said he believes that it is 11x9 with double columns...guess will have to up my strength on the old reading glasses...lol
                      Mike

Comment

This mammoth sized book is going to weigh in at 13 lbs. with the box and packing.
                        For those of you who are living on the East Coast and want to save some money on
                        shipping you can reserve a copy with RZM Imports. The books will ship from Connecticut.
                        http://www.rzm.com/books/ab/ab5252.cfm

Comment

Tom's latest email newsletter indicates he has sold almost the entire print run. So if this interests you, don't wait to place an order through him or a dealer.

Comment

I stopped by Aberdeen today to see what was new, and to check if Tom had his advance copies of the book to examine. He did have one copy on hand, so I had a look through the book. It is truly massive, and very comprehensive. I can't imagine anyone being disappointed with it. Page after page of narrative of the battle, broken up with maps, illustrations, biographies and charts. I took a couple of photos to demonstrate how huge the book really is, one of the book by itself, and the other with an ordinary book on top for comparison.

Comment

Oh My! I have one on order - now I need a lectern or something to hold it!

Seriously what can you get for that monster - to heavy to sit in you lap!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X