X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beevor - Ardennes

new book now out
    http://www.theguardian.com/books/201...-beevor-review

have ordered a copy, looking forward to reading his latest.

Thanks for the heads up on this book. I looked on Amazon and it doesn't appear to be available in the U.S. yet. Hopefully, it'll be available here soon.
    AUTHOR OF:

sigpic

GERMAN ARMY SHOULDER STRAPS AND BOARDS - 1933-1945

Comment

It's arrived, a very good read so far, in the mould of D Day and Stalingrad, so no surprises over the format and style of writing.

I also saw him this evening at a talk he gave at St Ann's church in Manchester organised by Waterstones. It was mainly him reading from the new book (and actually from the pulpit) of many interesting passages followed by ten minutes or so of questions.

I think he may be expecting (or hoping for) some controversy over passages he wrote over the shooting by US troops of German POW's, esp following Malmedy, making the point that that is something not covered by any US historian (at least in mainstream books). Some interesting comments also about Monty probably having mild Asperger's (more controversy and which has caused a bit of a stir over here....letters to The Times etc). All very interesting just the same.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X