X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Books, Books and More Freakin' Books!

Hello all,

Just spent the better part of two days cleaning out my recently-deceased father-in-law's house and came to realize how much one can accumulate over time if they keep everything. Ergo my New Year's resolution: Get rid of the stuff I have that I don't use/need anymore. The following are free to a good home... all I ask is that when you get the boxes you reimburse me for the postage. I will ship all books prepaid, USPS Bound Printed Matter (which is the cheapest way). We're all honest here, right? so when you get the boxe(s), check the postage label(s) to see how much it cost me to send them and simply drop me a check or money order for that amount in the mail.
    • Time Life book series World War Two, 37 volumes, each about 200 pages. Lots of photos
    • Columbia House, The Illustrated Encyclopedia of the 20th Century Weapons and Warfare, 24 volumes totaling some 2685 pages. Covers everything from small arms to aircraft to warships, lots of cut-away illustrations and good information for the weapons enthusiast
    • Marshall Cavendish, The Illustrated Encyclopeida of World War Two, 25 volumes totaling 3500 pages
    • A second Marshall Cavendish offering, History of the second Wolrd War, Tuhis was the series that was put out during the mid-Seventies in 96 weekly magazine-format offerings. All 96 are here, totaling 2688 pages. Entire set is complete the original binders offered by the publisher
    All are great references, I'm just pressed for shelf space and I've had them for years.

Let's try to spread this around to four different Forum Members. PM me re: the books you're interested in. Earliest time stamp will be the winner of each set. If I have anything left after a week, I'll bump the thread back to the top and you can have another go at them.

Good luck and my best to all for a safe, happy and prosperous 2005!
    Skip

Skipper, I have the illustrated encyclopedia in my library and it is a decent set with lots of information. It would be well worth the cost of postage for someone to add this to their reference library. I think these books cost about $10 each when they were produced in the 1970's. This is a very generous offering you are presenting.
    Richard V

Comment

Please note that all the books have been spoken for. Thanks for your interest!

Skip

Comment

HOLY ****! If I haden't took anything from the attic I would sign up for this! Very nice guesture!

Cheers,
        Junior.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X