Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good uniform books for a beginner

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for suggestions on good books for the uniform collector. I saw a few listed in the mian website but I am not sure where to buy any of them.

I'm looking for something with good colour photographs and details on manufacture and such that will help me learn.

I have my very first tunic on the way to me and I know it will help to have a genuine sample in my hands that I an judge others things off.

So far the only book I have is "Uniforms of the Infantry 19-19 to Present By Jorg M. Hormann" Its a good start but very basic.

I was searching through the forums but did not really find much so any suggestions on books and where to find them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

I am mainly interested in military uniforms, so some of my favorites are:

Any of Angolia & Schlicht's series on the Lutwaffe, Heer, or Kriegsmarine.

John Angolia's "Cloth Insignia of the SS"

Brian Davis "Uniforms & Insignia of the Luftwaffe" volumes 1 & 2.

One of my favorites is Brian Davis "German Army Uniforms & Insigna 1933-1945". I first saw a copy in the mid seventies and it helped get me hooked on collecting.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Greg Kubasek
    Hi Guys,

I'm looking for suggestions on good books for the uniform collector. I saw a few listed in the mian website but I am not sure where to buy any of them.

I'm looking for something with good colour photographs and details on manufacture and such that will help me learn.

I have my very first tunic on the way to me and I know it will help to have a genuine sample in my hands that I an judge others things off.

So far the only book I have is "Uniforms of the Infantry 19-19 to Present By Jorg M. Hormann" Its a good start but very basic.

I was searching through the forums but did not really find much so any suggestions on books and where to find them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Greg

Comment

I forgot Mike Pruett's & Bob Edwards two books on the Uniforms of the Panzertruppen & Panzer Elite. Sorry guys! Amazon.com is a good place to look; you can find new & used copies through them. Alibris Books <books@alibris.i.delivery.net> is another good place. I will tell you that the Angolia books are expensive, but hold their value.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, it gives me a place to start

Comment

And if someone collects police uniforms, I would suggest to take a look a this thread:
          http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=78021

BTW, Happy New Year!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X