Value on Adolf Hitler photo book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value on Adolf Hitler photo book?

Hi guys, I was at a friends house and he showed me this, he's interested in knowing an approximate value on it. He said they use to be very common, doesn't know if they still are. I'm not into TR so I'm hoping you guys can help. It's in very good condition and intact, has all the pictures. These are the only two pictures of it I have and they're not the best as I took them with my cell phone camera.

Thanks in advance,
    Jared

Jared,

There were several different printings of this book, and indeed it used to be quite common in Germany. You can still find them fairly easily at decent flea markets and, of course, at militaria shows. Going price seems to be 80-100 Euro these days - everything is more expensive under the Euro (3-4 years ago the price would have been 100 DM).

But I have seen these for sale recently in the States for $100. The value is somewhat dependent on condition - the originals had a dustjacket, which is usually absent or very torn up when present today. This does add a little to the value.

Hope this helps,

Geoff Walden

Comment

I bought one about 8 years ago with the dust jacket and original cardboard box they came in. It was complete and mint and I paid $100.00 for it.

Hope this helps,

Drew

Comment

Hy

the dust cover is missing, i will say 60$ not more, that would be the price in Germany, especialy the damaged corner at the top would bring this down to 50$. Look if all pics are inside.

if not complete its maybe worth only 15 to 20$ not more.
        dont forget one day you might want to sell it, and i m sure you dont want to loose any money.

Alex

Comment

Yes, this have always been very common and misunderstood by the non collector community as being very rare. In the early 70's, an Arizona antique delaer advertised one of these in hte "Antique Trader" for $19,000! for many years after that, I would run in to people who had one of these and would quote that value. From that one ad, the price even got in to one antique value book. I ran in to one fellow who had spent several thousand dollars to have a special display case built for one. The value of these to collectors is accurately quoted by the previous respondents. Outside of the collector community, the unkowing can be hoodwinked.

Bob

Comment

Look here
            http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ight=cigarette

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Jared

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X