Knights Cross w/ Oakleaves Vol I and II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knights Cross w/ Oakleaves Vol I and II

Has anyone purchased or read these works? If so ... what is the verdict?

I have Angolia's 2 Volume set on RK awardees. I assume much the same but more detailed as less than 900 awards.
    Attached Files

More or less the same as Angolia's book but with different photos.

Comment

Thanks Chen. I assume you have the book? Would you mind take a couple of photos of a page or two for me please?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chen View Post
            More or less the same as Angolia's book but with different photos.
            Angolia's 2nd book covers the 441 first receipients and ends 6.Apri 1944 (at least my edition). This new book is said to cover the period to 1945, I assume the remaining awardees are covered as well?

cheers
            Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J. View Post
              Angolia's 2nd book covers the 441 first receipients and ends 6.Apri 1944 (at least my edition). This new book is said to cover the period to 1945, I assume the remaining awardees are covered as well?

cheers
              Peter
              Yes, i think so.
              Take this as example.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Peter J. View Post

cheers
                Peter
                Peter that is correct. Something that is missing as they did not do a volume 3 to the Angolia series to complete the RK/Eichenlaub awardees.
                Based on what Chen shows ... the one other item that stands out is a list of other awards (and dates) the mentioned individuals received. Something Angolia did not show. I'm sure all this info is readily available online and from other sources, but I'm a hard copy junkie.

Comment

Thanks Chen appreciated.

Comment

What I find rather fascinating was that Jodl went through the whole war and it wasn't until the last few weeks of the 3rd Reich he not only received the RK but the Oakleaves as well (after Hitler was gone).

Comment

I own the books and they are alright. But the only thing that is really beneficial about them is their listing other awards won. There are numerous minor mistakes, especially in the awards lists. Also the biographical information is primarily pertaining to the winning of the Rk and Oakleaves or highter and nothing more. A lot of this information is already available on the web, other than the mostly correct awards listings. The best Oakleaves books by far are Peter Stockert's original four volume works that give very detailed biographical entries and numerous pictures on each subject. He has re released them recently in a nine volume edition plus a four volume swords edition with a lot more information and photos, unfortunately I haven't bought these yet. Of course they are all in German, not English. So far there hasn't been any definitive works on this subject in the same vein as the Biblio Verlag series or Stockert's books published in English. So for English these books have to be the best on the market...for now...

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus Richter View Post
                        I own the books and they are alright. But the only thing that is really beneficial about them is their listing other awards won. There are numerous minor mistakes, especially in the awards lists. Also the biographical information is primarily pertaining to the winning of the Rk and Oakleaves or highter and nothing more. A lot of this information is already available on the web, other than the mostly correct awards listings. The best Oakleaves books by far are Peter Stockert's original four volume works that give very detailed biographical entries and numerous pictures on each subject. He has re released them recently in a nine volume edition plus a four volume swords edition with a lot more information and photos, unfortunately I haven't bought these yet. Of course they are all in German, not English. So far there hasn't been any definitive works on this subject in the same vein as the Biblio Verlag series or Stockert's books published in English. So for English these books have to be the best on the market...for now...
                        Mr. Richter,
                        Thanks for informations.
                        Where I can buy Peter Stockert's books?

Comment

You can buy them directly from his website:

http://www.verlag-peter-stockert.de/home.html

...or from Amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...A4ger+stockert

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_nos...rtern+stockert
                          Last edited by Klaus Richter; 03-29-2015, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X