Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KC recipients books in English : your opinion

Hi
    By surfing I found this URL where books (in English !) dealing with KC recipients are listed :

http://www.btinternet.com/~militarypress/german.htm

Do you know them, do they worth buying it ?

If any forum member would scan a page to see how bio data are dealt with, it would be great

Regards

Denis

PS : the advertising quotes strange figures for KC recipients (7156 for KC, 873 for OL, 156 for Swords) : I must admit that I don't understand how the author reach to such figures : this might be an answer to my original question...
    Last edited by Denis; 08-26-2002, 10:24 AM.

A LOT info can be found on this http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de

They also offer books but their database is overwhelming. Check it out.

Kris.

Comment

Ernst Obermaier's books on the Luftwaffe Knight's Cross winners are also outstanding, but hard to find. The early editions are in both German and English.

Best to all!
      Skip

Comment

Thanks to Carl, Skipper and Kris for their replies
        I really appreciate your help.
        I know Das-ritterkreuz.de which is IMHO one of the best resource on the web dealing with KC (what a shame that their forum is in German)
        I also know Obermaier's books and I plan to buy them.
        I own nearly all Bender books even some hard to find due to the fact they are out of prints.
        I am lucky enough to have the complete (to this day, 13 were made) multi volumes sery published by Biblio Verlag from 1986 and dealing with KC recipients (plus Fellgebiel's, von Seemen's and so on).
        But, I have never had the opportunity to see the books mentioned in the link (see my previous thread) and I would really like to have a feedback on them before uselessly spending a part of my little budget.
        Does the author detail the action which allows to be awarded the KC ?
        is the KC attribution number provided ?
        Do they mention other awards obtained by the recipient, the career of the recipient,.... ?
        Help me !
        Denis

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X