No Triumphant Procession: The Forgotten Battles of April 1945

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Triumphant Procession: The Forgotten Battles of April 1945

Am interested in some info on the 2nd Marine Div and got linked to this book. supposed to be good. anyone read it?? any comments??
    Found a good used one for not too much. they are very high priced for this book online, guess not a lot of copies...it dates back to I think 1994.
    Mike

I've got it and read it but it was a long time ago, probably around the time it was published so can't remember too much about it but I seem to recall it covered the campaign quite well.

Comment

Thanks for reply. Yeah....Knew this was abit of an older book, but was hoping someone would chime in and give some info. not sure how wide spread it was published, because a lot of the used books were quite high...glad was able to get one for not too much. thanks for replying....anyone else???
      Mike

Comment

Just a quick update...just got book in. It is an older library type book, but in pretty good condition. will write more when have read some..
        MIke

Comment

Am almost am finished with the book. It is pretty good. covers a lot of actions in the north involving mostly the British and the newly formed 2nd Marine Div.
          Like beginning of April 45 on. Some good reading into not so published actions at this stage of the war. There are nice drawn maps, and middle section has a bunch of photos. I got this book at a pretty decent price, as they are hard to find.
          If anyone needs info on these types of actions at this stage of the war...this is the book. Was reading on Flames of War website about the Holding the Weser Aller line...and was interested....and this book would make for great reading on this particular action.
          I know this isn't exactly the right place....but, if anyone is interested in it...I would be willing to sell the copy when I am done...just PM me
          Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X