Good reference books on awards??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good reference books on awards??

Can anyone tell me what book or books to look for as I am starting to collect awards and want to build up some good reference books.
    thanks

Detlev Niemann's Catalog & Price Guide 1871-1945 is like the Bible! It is available on his website.

German Combat Badges of the Third Reich by Tucker & Previteira is nice and has sweet color pics. Available at Bender publishing.

Marc

Comment

Tony,

For EKs etc Gordon Williamson book "The Iron cross of 1939" if you buy direct from Bender being a member here you will get 20% of the price.

I hope this is of help?
      Regards
      Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon W Saffin
        Tony,

For EKs etc Gordon Williamson book "The Iron cross of 1939" if you buy direct from Bender being a member here you will get 20% of the price.

I hope this is of help?
        I agree .. this is the bible as far as EKs and Knights Cross material goes. Previtera also has released "The Iron Time" which has TREMENDOUS color pics of EKs from 1813 to 1957. Almost all pics in color from cover to cover.

Forman's Guide to Third Reich German Awards and their Values (Vol. 2) is not a bad reference either.

They can be found here:

http://www.bender-publishing.com/

Or here:

http://winidorepress.com/index.html

Comment

Thanks guys for the replies. i already have Gordon`s book. I am after refences on combat awards mainly. I`ll get a copy of Detlev`s catalogue and the new Bender book.
          tonym

Comment

Originally posted by TonyM
            Thanks guys for the replies. i already have Gordon`s book. I am after refences on combat awards mainly. I`ll get a copy of Detlev`s catalogue and the new Bender book.
            tonym
            Before you commit to anyone to purchase anything, try Jack @ Volume Control...it might save you some serious money

Ww2volcont@aol.com

Comment

Originally posted by TonyM
              tonym
              Just as a note ...

1. Volume 2 of the German Combat Badges of the 3rd Reich (Luftwaffe + ?) is due out in 2005 sometime. Vol 1 covers Heer and Kriegsmarine Badges only.

2. Frank H. will soon have some books out also. See attached thread:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ad.php?t=78387

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X