Book by Son of RKT-Tiger Commander...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book by Son of RKT-Tiger Commander...

...who converted to Judaism. He is the son of Arthur Wollschläger, commander of Heavy Tank Battallion 502.

Has anyone read the book? Sounds like an interesting read:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Pic of Wollschläger's father:
    Attached Files
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

The son was on a television documentry some years ago. I got the impression that the son was a very obstinate man and quite complicated. I felt sorry for the father (Artur Wollschläger) to have a son like that. Who would want a son that will only will have a realtionship with you if you think like him and shares his views of the history etc. After the son had converted he moved to Israel, joined the army and took part in the complex conflict between Israel and Palestine. The son didn´t seem to have any problems with his own doings - just his fathers. Must be some kind of psychological term for the sons behavior when he condemn his own father in this way. I also got the impression that the son seemed to belive thats his father Artur was a bigger man, with a bigger guilt, than he actually was or had. But I guess the son wanted it to be in that way.

/ Daniel

Comment

Although I'd like to read about Wollschlager, I don't think I could be bothered to see if the sons interpritation of events or opinion unbalances the book.

Comment

Tiger vet

Awaiting receipt of this book, as it sounds like an interesting, if rather sad , family history.
          Been reading about it a little on the web and also noticed there is a specific website.
          Was going to use the contact facility to ask some questions, but, as at the moment it seems, if those in the media are to be believed, bad form to even look at or breath near those of Jewish origin, I did n't bother.
          Perhaps when I 've read the actual book I might do so if there remain questions unanswered.

SF.

Comment

I wouldn't waste my time reading a book by someone with an axe to grind against his own father. Seems like he wants attention and affirmation for his guilt and I'm not giving it to him. Sell out.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X