This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Army Lineage Book: Infantry 1953

1953 edition of the Army Lineage Book, Volume II: Infantry published by the US Government Printing Office. Soft cover, 859 pages. From the forward:
    "The Army Lineage Book was prepared at the Office, Chief of Military History, and includes information on unit insignia prepared at the Office of the Quartermaster General. The purpose of The Army Lineage Book is to gather into compact form the official historical records of all major units of the United States Army, in order to perpetuate and publize their traditions, honors, and devices."
    The table of contents:
    History of the Organizations of United States Infantry
    Chart of Heraldic Tricking
    Infantry Lineages, Honors, and Distinctive Insignia (about 700 pages)
    Index

Each Regimental history includes a drawing of the Distinctive Unit Insignia and between, on average, 3 pages of information. What is nice is that his book covers the reorganization after WWII of the Army to include several regiments that were in existance for only a short period of time after the war.

Condition is good, cover is a little dirty with a received stamp on the outside....but hey, it's free to whoever wants it first.

eric

Hi Eric,
    What a great gift for some one....
    Regards
    Si

SWS Collection 01-14 Images Copyright.

Comment

MAn, being a shoulderboard collector I would love this! I could research some units I have.

Let me know if available.
      Thanks,
      Jerry

Comment

It's for US Infantry Regiments, if you still want it though it's yours....just let me know.

eric

Originally posted by galizien41
        MAn, being a shoulderboard collector I would love this! I could research some units I have.

Let me know if available.
        Thanks,
        Jerry

Comment

...and I'll pay postage.

Comment

I Should have clarified, I collect American too! I would love it.

Jerry

Comment

Sorry about that, it's yours! Just pm me your mailing address and I'll get it out to you tomorrow or Tuesday!

eric

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X