The Man in the High Castle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Man in the High Castle

Amazon produced a pilot for the Philip K. Dick novel The Man in the High Castle, which is set in an alternate 1962 where Germany and Japan won World War II.

The pilot is available now for viewing online. If it proves popular it could be picked up for a full season. It was fairly well done and better than most "what if" stories - but that's because the source material is quite interesting.

It isn't too equipment heavy, but has the usual American Nazis in black uniforms with armbands.

Yes, I look forwards to it also. Forgeries, antiques, Nazis, I Ching, intrigue.
    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by hs132 View Post
      Yes, I look forwards to it also. Forgeries, antiques, Nazis, I Ching, intrigue.
      Bill
      antiques...

I do remember the "antiquing" in the plot of this novel.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter_Suciu View Post
        Amazon produced a pilot for the Philip K. Dick novel The Man in the High Castle, which is set in an alternate 1962 where Germany and Japan won World War II.

The pilot is available now for viewing online. If it proves popular it could be picked up for a full season. It was fairly well done and better than most "what if" stories - but that's because the source material is quite interesting.

It isn't too equipment heavy, but has the usual American Nazis in black uniforms with armbands.
        hope it can live up to this very important author's gnostic vision(s).

Comment

Amazon Studios just announced that The Man in the High Castle has been picked up for a full season. It was the most-watched pilot since the original series development program began.

No word on when the show will make its full season debut.

Comment

Hello, the 2nd episode is now available and well worth watching, much intrigue. Best, Bill

Comment

Gonna watch ep 1 today!

Comment

Not sure if anyone else is watching this show but it is very good! I just finished in binge watching the 2nd season and I am quite impressed. I know if is not like the book but since I have never read the book I am not disappointed at all.

Regards,
                Chris G.

Comment

I'm in season 2... it's very good but difficult to follow

Comment

I'm really torn on this series. My problem is that it has so little to do with the Philip K. Dick books that I am not sure why they bothered using it as source material.

I really like alternative history, but frankly I would have rather seen one of Harry Turtledove's book series brought to TV. The Worldwar series could have been interesting - it is about an alien invasion of Earth during WWII and mixes real people (Otto Skorzeny is a secondary character) with fictional ones.

Turtledove's Great War Series could have been really interesting. That is about a World War I where the South won the Civil War. It continues in the post-war years and even an alternate WWII. Each book could have been a season and there is a mix of characters - artillery NCO who is basically a Hitler-like character, an adventurous flyboy, a submarine commander, etc.

Comment

But Obergruppenführer Smith is a badass. Great character.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter_Suciu View Post
                        I'm really torn on this series. My problem is that it has so little to do with the Philip K. Dick books that I am not sure why they bothered using it as source material.

I really like alternative history, but frankly I would have rather seen one of Harry Turtledove's book series brought to TV. The Worldwar series could have been interesting - it is about an alien invasion of Earth during WWII and mixes real people (Otto Skorzeny is a secondary character) with fictional ones.

Turtledove's Great War Series could have been really interesting. That is about a World War I where the South won the Civil War. It continues in the post-war years and even an alternate WWII. Each book could have been a season and there is a mix of characters - artillery NCO who is basically a Hitler-like character, an adventurous flyboy, a submarine commander, etc.
                        I loved those Worldwar books but the series ran out of steam as he plodded his way through the 60's etc.
                        The others he did on the alternate Civil War timeline were also quite good as well.

Comment

Love this show! And yes Smith is great. I like the way they portraid what a Nazi USA would have looked like - quite believable. Top show.

Comment

Just finished Season 3--even the wife enjoyed it. Got to give credit not only to Rufus Sewell, but the actor who plays Chief Inspector Kido, as he makes for almost as compelling a character.
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

some props used in the filming ~

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...88408#poststop

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X