Going to see the film Unbroken today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to see the film Unbroken today

My wife and I are going to see the new film Unbroken this afternoon.I have really been looking forward to seeing this film.I read the book twice and really enjoyed it.Louis Zamperini was one heck of a man !!.RIP Louis.

It was an excellent book. Looking forward to hear what you think of it. Joe

Comment

My wife and i just got home from seeing the new film Unbroken.The movie theater was packed full of people.I have been a movie buff my entire life, and I liked this one quite a bit.I think most of you will like the film also.I would give it three stars, out of four.The movie told Louis Zamperini's story very well.The acting was very good.Anjelina Jolie did a good job of directing the film.The directing style reminded me of a Clint Eastwood film.There were some down sides to the film:The scene in the life raft was a little bit too long.The prison camp part of the movie was far too long.The over all lengh of the movie is too long.There were a few other glitches ,but overall it was worth while seeing.The entire audience stood up and clapped at the end!!!Go see the film,it was enjoyable.

Comment

Truly, one of the finest examples of "The Greatest Generation"
        A remarkable man.

Comment

Next, look for a surge in prices of 36 Olympic items...

Comment

Took this one in today. I was rather looking forward to it. I was a little concerned being released on XMAS day it would be "Disney-esqued" to death like Warhorse. Fortunately not. It started off pretty damn good. Some realistic air action. I won't spoil it for others with anymore details, other than it's a pretty good effort. It did drag in some spots, but the 2hrs 15 mins went pretty fast which to me is always a good thing when rating movies.

I always like it when these "true story"movies show the real people at the end. Good tie in to show the real face of those the story was portraying.

Comment

unbroken

The book was great.
              Radio 580 in Fresno (on the Web) has a thread called hometown heroes, and Louie was one of the people they talked with. One of the disappointments with the film was that in the book, Louie met and talked with Pappy Boyington. I had the honor of meeting him at the Clovis library when I was attending college. Also saw his MOH in SF. Hometown heroes a great show check it out and read the book. Think the movie did overdo the time at sea a bit, but was a great flick~~~

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X