No announcement yet.

SS German Cross in Gold Holders volume 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was going to post a hospital visit requires my sister posting the availability link and per-publication discount. While she will do so, I got the below today (3-28-15) in an e-mail from R. James Bender:

Just heard yesterday from the printer that the books are finally on land here (US). Customs goes through the shipping container and that might take another week. Patience sure is a virtue!! Next week I will update the website with pre-pub price offer and a fairly accurate delivery date. That is the main reason we have not done so as yet, desiring that delivery date. I think we can speculate now that it should be in and available in no more than two weeks.

Among those in volume 8 is Jürgen Wagner and attached in three windows are four photos of his KC presentation ceremony and celebration with Gille along with a portrait. Not having a new example of the award available in the field, Gille removed his own Knight's Cross and gave it to the commander of Regiment "Germania."
    Attached Files

Comment

Gille and Wagner celebrate the award
      Attached Files

Comment

inscribed
        Attached Files

Comment

I have just ordered a copy from RJB , they reckon on Volume 8 being on sale in about 2 weeks time.
          I always look forward to mark's new books and have been in touch with Helion regarding his TK Vol.1 , another very good publisher , very helpful to customers.

Mark, I am sorry to hear you are having another trip to hospital and I do wish you a short stay and quick return home , please take care and like so many others hope to hear from you via these pages in due course when you are in better form.
          Best Regards
          James S
          Omagh and Donegal
          Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by behblc View Post
            I have just ordered a copy from RJB , they reckon on Volume 8 being on sale in about 2 weeks time.
            I always look forward to mark's new books and have been in touch with Helion regarding his TK Vol.1 , another very good publisher , very helpful to customers.

Mark, I am sorry to hear you are having another trip to hospital and I do wish you a short stay and quick return home , please take care and like so many others hope to hear from you via these pages in due course when you are in better form.
            Best Regards
            James S
            Omagh and Donegal
            Ireland.
            Thanks for best wishes, I should have them install zippers to save time.

Last day to post before Monday, below my personal favorite volume 8 image: Ludwig Rappl, recipient of the German Cross in Gold (March 22, 1945) and Close Combat Clasp in Gold (October 31, 1944). One of only 10 to receive both awards with "Wiking." His GC award was ommitted by the Bundesarchiv in the 1970s while Scheibert gathered material for his lists volumes, Rappl then writing them to confirm the award and its accidental ommission.
            Attached Files

Comment

Posting the below link for my brother by his instructions, is 1am here and a laptop not allowed where he is now.

His most recent book now available, below link is the only information or instructions I have:

http://www.bender-publishing.com/Home.html

Comment

Thanks for posting that, Leslie, I hope Mark is doing well.

Comment

Apparently missing on the link I posted was an early buyer discount, extended due to the shipping strike that had delayed delivery in CA.

Per an I-phone text to me last night, my brother said that the normal 10% discount and the numbered/signed copies are extended to those on the publisher's mailing list. That will be honored for a brief extended period due to the aforementioned strike that had caused the release delay.

So the attached link shows that form, completing it results in the savings and signed/numbered copies if wanted. If I have incorrectly copied the link, there is an icon on the main page for "mailing list" or "subscription list," I assume this also being of importance with the upcoming postal increase in the US in May 2015.

https://fs30.formsite.com/rjbender/form2/index.html

Comment

Came home and my box of volume 8, "Wiking" part II, copies were here.

That wait is over, now I can focus on Totenkopf volume II

Comment

Good to see you are home again , take it easy and look after yourself .

Comment

Mark anxiously awaiting my copy from Roger. BUT take of yourself before diving into more work. Your health is more important than deadlines.
                        Best wishes,

Mark Costa

Comment

Hi Mark

best wishes to you.
                          My copy arrived today. Up to your usual standards by the looks of it. That's my reading taken care of for the next few days. Thanks for the hard work.

regards

macleod

Comment

The first buyer's complete comment by e-mail just came. An individual who never wrote me previously, upon getting his volume 8 copy wrote:

Dear Mark

When will volume 9 be available ?

Sincerely,
                            Ernst

Being in the midst of the 1,000 pages of two Totenkopf volumes, I assumed a 1 day break to bask in a new book released and absorb (hopefully) positive comments regards volume 8.

How does one politely express (and I wonder if some readers grasp) the reaction of:

Comment

Ditto for what Mcleod has said.
                              Mark your dry wit has not been altered by your time at the hands of the medics.

I ordered "8" pretty promptly , along with Vol. 2 of Mike Miller's High Leaders of SS& Police look forward to seeing both in due course.

"Take her handy" Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by behblc View Post
                                Ditto for what Mcleod has said.
                                Mark your dry wit has not been altered by your time at the hands of the medics.

I ordered "8" pretty promptly , along with Vol. 2 of Mike Miller's High Leaders of SS& Police look forward to seeing both in due course.

"Take her handy" Mark.
                                My humor is "the driest" at all times, in the case of first reply coming from an elderly reader who has received the same numbered copies of Bender's publications since before I wrote anything. He wrote again today saying he wanted to be "first" to ask about volume 9, knowing well my "head-against-wall" reaction having mentioned it some years ago on the web.

But I'm always curious as to any detailed comment in what readers like, etc simply for curiosity. If I had it, it's included. "Love it," "great", etc appreciated but tells me (and others) nothing specific.

What I consider "best" in any volume nobody seems to notice or mention, be it details of a career at lowest rank levels (the hardest biographical research) or image for it's own particular reason (difficulty in obtaining, source, etc).

Personally, I have never looked at any book I've written after it's published. All I would see is what I could not learn or find in specific. For any areas needed after printed, such as addendum text, etc, I use the computer text files to locate, add/adjust, etc even though book is basically memorized.

From seeing them and the nightmare involved with additions/changes, literally to the last minute, the addendum areas in volumes 7 and 8 are what I am personally most pleased with.

Best,
                                Mark

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X