Iron Sky - The Sequel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iron Sky - The Sequel

Not due for release until 2016 but the first teaser trailer has already been released - featuring Blondi the T-Rex!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ride-a-747317?

Originally posted by hucks216 View Post
    Not due for release until 2016 but the first teaser trailer has already been released - featuring Blondi the T-Rex!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ride-a-747317?
    I've not seen the first one yet, is it out? I just remember some great trailers about going to the moon and then nothing.

Comment

Don't even bother, the first was bad enough !!!!

Comment

It's a very tongue in cheek film, I thought it was great!

David

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
          I've not seen the first one yet, is it out? I just remember some great trailers about going to the moon and then nothing.
          It has been out on DVD for a while now. As mentioned, it is a very tongue in cheek type film and for what it is I thought it was also enjoyable. One of those films you can just switch off your brain and enjoy for 90 minutes.

Comment

I only watched it for the SS girl

I switched off after 20 minutes....

To be honest, I was disappointed, it got a little bit silly and I lost interest

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
              Same here never seen it playing anywhere. Can we watch it on the net?

Comment

LOL. Yes, don't watch it if you are wanting a serious Third Reich themed movie. I put it about on par with Dead Snow... if you've ever seen that one.

Last I checked, Iron Sky was still available on Netflix.

Comment

It has to be better then "She Devils of the SS" no?

Comment

Great movie idea....it would have been simply enough to avoid the hilarious side of the movie that,in any case,must be seen.....specially for the German actress simply wonderful!

Comment

Blondi the T-Rex and her minions!

Comment

Is there someplace on line I can watch the movie with English subtitles? The versions I am seeing have them but they are covered up by some other subtitles.

Comment

thank god for Laibach

Thank God they still have music by Laibach, even though they watered themselves down in the first movie.
                          For what the first movie appeared to be, I was pleasantly surprised by it.
                          But, remember...the bar is very low for this genre.

So many different threads of fantasist and utopian/dystopian ideas have inspired this Nazi ruled hollow earth. From Edgar Rice Burroughs to Don Miguel. The Lady Prez's hand going what looks reptilian...well that is both from Tarzan in Pellucidar stories of highly dangerous reptilians with hypnotizing powers and David Icke 's own reptilian fears.

I hope the movie touches on many of these tropes.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                            Thank God they still have music by Laibach, even though they watered themselves down in the first movie.
                            For what the first movie appeared to be, I was pleasantly surprised by it.
                            But, remember...the bar is very low for this genre.

So many different threads of fantasist and utopian/dystopian ideas have inspired this Nazi ruled hollow earth. From Edgar Rice Burroughs to Don Miguel. The Lady Prez's hand going what looks reptilian...well that is both from Tarzan in Pellucidar stories of highly dangerous reptilians with hypnotizing powers and David Icke 's own reptilian fears.

I hope the movie touches on many of these tropes.

I think I have isolated where the Reptillian theory first began. It was in the Sex Pistoles song God Save the Queen.

I line read "God save the Queen, she aint no human being".

Yep it predates David Ike's ideas on the topic though he greatly expanded on it.

Comment

After the long wait, the Iron Sky sequel is now available to watch (in the UK at least) on Sky Cinema having been released earlier this year. It is called Iron Sky: The Coming Race and where the first one was enjoyable in that naff B-Movie style, this one fails to be as enjoyable. The humans and Moon Nazi's now share a base on the Moon in 2047 and a group of them have to go back to Earth to grab the Holy Grail to provide a source of fuel for their rocket to escape the Moon. I've seen worse plots!
                              Hitler and his T-Rex turn up and there is also a Triceratop chariot chase scene.

Needless to say if you didn't enjoy the first one then you might want to steer well clear of this one altogether but if you liked the first one then give it a go although if the first one was a 4/5 on the silly but enjoyable scale then this is a 2/5 at best. And there is a hint at the end that there might be a third instalment in the future although as this sequel was crowdfunded then who knows if it will ever see the light of day.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X